M3i Zero autoboot slot 1

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by shideneyu, Apr 18, 2010.

Apr 18, 2010

M3i Zero autoboot slot 1 by shideneyu at 1:46 PM (1,693 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. shideneyu
    OP

Newcomer shideneyu Member

France
    Hello ! I have noticed that when we boot the M3i Zero/Real, the linker wait two seconds to see if we push A or Select. When we push A, it boots the Slot 1 when we push select, it boots the second slot. However, i would like to make my M3i Zero an autoboot for slot 1 because i don't like either to wait two second nor to push A xD ! I have a DSi, therefore, the slot 2 boot is useless. I really want to remove this kind of limitation [​IMG] !
    I don't know how to do, can you help me?
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    it uses that time to check the microSD for firmware files as well i think, so it shouldn't be removed.

3. shideneyu
    OP

France
    Nope, it doesn't [​IMG] Because when we push A, just after, it starts to load. This is why i want to remove the boot option [​IMG]

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    The DSi stops the use of autoboot. All DSi capable flashcarts HAVE TO look and act like a real game to pass the DSi firmware. That is why there is no autoboot ability in the M3i Zero.

5. shideneyu
    OP

France
    Sorry, i didn't explain very well.
    I know that, but this is not the "autoboot" that you think.
    After we click to the M3 (Danny Phantom in DSi), so, when we open M3 real/zero, there is two black screen during 2 seconds. During this time, if we push A it boots Slot 1, if we push Select, it boots slot 2. I want to remove this thing, because i don't want to wait 2 seconds for nothing (it doesn't load anything, after these 2 seconds, it start to boot).

6. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    I'm sure people try to answer question on here without knowing what the hell they are talking about.

When you start your card, most cards will load straight into their menu, the m3i zero (and maybe other m3 cards) will wait a couple of seconds before doing so. If you press either A or Select during this time then the menu will load, if not you have to wait.
    Like this

-Most cards-
    1. Boot
    2. Menu

-M3i Zero-
    1. Boot (with splash screen)
    2. Wait for button or timeout
    3. Menu

What shideneyu is asking, is if this second set can be skipped as it is frustrating having to wait for no reason before the menu loads. I agree, usually when I start my m3 I hammer the A button just so I don't have to wait.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    You can try and use the boot.eng file from the triple loader to autoboot see if it will shorten the wait/timeout.

On the DSL, it is slightly faster than without it.

[​IMG]

8. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    You'd likely have to do an fcore update to get rid of that wait. But it's only 2 seconds, come on atleast try to be patient :\