Hacking M3DS Real - Wii - possible?!

Rexobias

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. I'm Portuguese and I'm new here.

First of all, sorry for my English.

I made a search about M3-Wii compatibility and I noticed that nobody talk about this for a long time. I have a Wii and a NDS (with M3DS Real) and I would like to connect some DS games with Wii ones (like Pokemon Diamond - Battle Revolution), but I cant make this, like all of you already knows.

I would like to now what's the point of this situation right now. Do you think it will be possible to make this works with M3DS Real?! This could be fixed with a firmware?!

Thanks for the attention, and congratulations for this excelent forum.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone actually tested that capability I haven't heard anything about it. Someone should get to that.

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Searinox said:
To answer this short - no it is not possible. The only flashcarts that can connect to Wii are G6 and CycloDS.
I didn't know that, it's really bad ...
Will M3 team try to fix this (their connection with G6 could help ?)

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
11gardir said:
Huh?...
M3 are G6 - and the firmware's the same...
How does the G6 support Wii and the M3 not?

I thought this too, I never got an answer last time I asked. I "think" its to do with integrated memory but I was thinking couldn't this be offloaded to the RAM pack or something?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think it has to do with the way the flashcart runs.
m3real: during the boot of the DS firmware the m3real "hijacks" the system preventing some of the firmware to load, and causing it to load the m3real instead.
g6real:the cart is recognized as an official DS cart and will be booted without having to hijack the DS firmware.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
thedicemaster said:
i think it has to do with the way the flashcart runs.
m3real: during the boot of the DS firmware the m3real "hijacks" the system preventing some of the firmware to load, and causing it to load the m3real instead.
g6real:the cart is recognized as an official DS cart and will be booted without having to hijack the DS firmware.
On the other hand, the G6 Real can also boot like this. But it's an interesting point, I hadn't thought of that. On the other hand, the AK2 boots like the CycloDS (without hijacking), but it doesn't connect to PBR AFAIK.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If it was just that the AK2 could do Wii too. No it has to do with the way the G6 stores its saves. And the reason why the Cyclo also can is because the developers put time to write code to emulate this and circumvent the problem.

I believe the G6's Wii connectivity to be coincidental, not intended, since Team Cyclops is the only one who ever gave it importance. All other flashcart manufacturers never bothered to fix Wii connect because they didn't find it important. Only 3 games ever use it.

Chaorain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that the M3 CAN connect to the Wii but some games don't work for some reason. I have connected Geometry wars Wii and DS and it said succesful. I had already unlocked the content in both but it did connect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1