Zeppelinfan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unsure.gif
I WOULD LIKE SOME FEEDBACK/POLL ON THIS.

WHICH IS BETTER OR IS THERE REALLY A BETTER CARD BETWEEN THE M3 REAL AND SIMPLY?
IT JUST SEEMS IN MY OPINION FROM READING IN DIFFERENT SPOTS ON THE WEB THAT THE REAL HAS MORE BUGS THAN THE SIMPLY. OR MAYBE JUST MORE PEOPLE OWN MORE REAL CARDS THAN THE SIMPLY. BUT IT JUST SEEMS LIKE THE SIMPLY IS POSSIBLY A BETTER CARD. AND WHY DID THEY MAKE THE SIMPLY IF THEY ALREADY HAD THE REAL CARD SINCE THEY SEEM ALMOST IDENTICAL EXCEPT THE REAL HAS A FEW MORE PROGRAMS/APPS PRELOADED? DIDN'T THE REAL CARD COME OUT FIRST?
I AM PLANNING ON BUYING ONE OF THESE (LEANING TOWARDS A SIMPLY ALOT MORE) AND JUST WANT TO HEAR WHAT PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT BOTH SINCE 95% OF THIS M3 SECTION OF THIS SITE IS TALKING MAINLY ABOUT THE REAL CARD.

Sorry about the CAPS.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
*offtopic*

reading caps lock posts makes ppl agressive

i'd go for the m3 real tho. since it's getting a complete new firmware in future :>

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Turn OFF Caps lock!!
People don't like when it looks like you're shouting!!

First card that was out was M3 Simply, it was the best card you could find on market (along wit the R4), but it's "outdated" because it doesn't have SDHC support..The main difference between Simply & Real is SDHC support (it means Simply can hold up to 2 GB of microSD, and Real is virtually unlimited)..
Simply is great, fast, nice looking, compact (it doesn't have a chip showing out under the sticker) but it can hold up to 2 GB of storage..
Real is better due to greater storage capabilities, but in the time being, the GUI is a bit slow and bugy, and it has implemented enchanted moonshell player, and something like a PDA functions..

I own both cards, and Simply IS a better card if you're OK with the capacity limitation, but I'm using my Real card because skining is really great presented on that card, and those little problems with the GUI doesn't bother me..
And btw. new firmware for M3Real is announced, it's called M3 Sakura, and it should fix all the problems with the GUI, and put the M3 on it's rightfull place among the best carts..

Zeppelinfan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the caps, i was about done typing this when i noticed I had them on still..lol
OK, anyhow, well the 2 gig is what i was going to get anyhow so that is perfect for me. And i thought the simply had less bugs and was slightly quicker from the things i have read around the web. Wouldn't the Simply cart be able to use the GUI anyhow? So, if so that would make the Simply cart even that much more better. Right? But the price seems much cheaper for the Real/rumble pack combo, which is sorta interested me even though i don't reall want or need the rumble pack. I am more interested in the movie/mp3 playing abilities.

Let's get some more feedbacks people i wanna hear what ya gota say about these cards. I am planning on buying one tomorrow night and just would liek to hear some more things.
smile.gif
Also it seems that the Real cart has some problems with messing the sd cards at times. But i really havent heard that about the Simply cart.

Mark

Rurik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gone from the Perfect to the Simply to the Real over the past few years. To put it bluntly, the Real sucks. I've had mine for 4 months and the interface has been wearing me down.
hate2.gif

I keep monitoring the updates to wait for them to make it better, but they're only doing game fixes. The interface is slow, non-responsive, with functions that just don't work. I REALLY miss not being able to organize my apps and files. Every .nds has to be under a single directory with the Real (there's a bug with the directory change that, most times, won't let you change the load directory). Not to mention that the Real is writing corrupt FAT entries for saved game files to my card. It hasn't broken anything yet, but I see them, and they worry me. I bought the Real for the GBA/RAM packs that came with it, but would love to go back to the Simply.

What's holding me back from switching is that I just don't know if the Simply will play well with Real's GBA Slot-2, and if the Simply uses the same cheat database.

I don't have a need to keep large amounts of files on my DS, so 2GB is fine for me. Mine is hardly ever full.

AlexElder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i voted for the simply. It is an R4 as they were devloped and manufactured together.

IF you need more than 2GB then you have to go for the Real, but I would suggest a different card, maybe the DSTT instead as that seems like it is less glitchy than the real. I've read that the Real has bricked some DS systems out there.

Does the CycloDS support SDHC? If it does, I would go for that card.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand what people have against the M3DS Real interface, it's not bad at all

Perhaps a bit slow, but frustrating? Not even close.

11gardir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Real interface is fantastically irritating. You seriously couldn't make it more annoying if you tried. (M3 don't seem to have got the hang of interfaces yet..unless they copy another cart). Hopefully that will change with Sakura.

Get a Real; it's futureproof.

D

Deleted User

So far for me Real, I had a Simply a while back.
Simply does (atm) have a nicer interface but with Sakura coming out that is set to change
wink.gif

Also Real has SDHC compatibility
biggrin.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
indeed Sakura will change everything

and yes SDHC is very usefull especially if you get a M3 Real Perfect so you can put GBA\GB\GBA\NDS games on there
smile.gif

I think there starting to phase the simply out now and just focusing on the G6 and M3 Real

Zeppelinfan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i bought the real cart. And also got an 8 gig sandisk cart also. I can not use my touch screen at all except in games and dsorganize. I can not get moonshell to work at all it just sits there and says dldi compatible loading... . I can not get pdads to work at all, (probably because i cant use the touch screen), And i can not gte mediaex to work (probably because i cant use my touch screen).
smile.gif
So, it seems like alot of people cant get the 8 gig (especially the sandisk) to work with the real cart. Can anyone help me out here?

Mark

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next