Hacking M3DS Perfect Bundle Question

arkainus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

This may seem a stupid question but I can't seem to find the answer so I figured I would ask. I keep seeing mention of the RAM pack for the m3 that fits into slot 2. Sometimes people seem to mention that it doubles as the rumble pack, sometimes I hear mention of it as its own slot 2 device. So, if say I was going to purchase a m3ds perfect bundle from:

http://www.gamebygame.com/index.php?target...roduct_id=29790

would I be getting the RAM cart? I looked on that site and several others and cannot seem to find a bundle that has the RAM cart or the RAM cart as a standalone product. Can anyone who does have that please confirm. I am interested in having it all, the gba rumble, the flash cart and the ram expansion pack. Thank you so much in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You will get a rumble cart and a gba expansion with that bundle. Of course all you need is the gba cart with the m3ds for GBA games. I doubt many people, if any, use the rumble.

arkainus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply. What about the RAM cart that is supposed improve media playback, etc. How would I go about getting that? As you say, I doubt I would use rumble either. Is that something that has nothing whatsoever to do with the m3ds? Sorry for my newbness... all I have ever used previously was the r4ds, but that does not support sdhc, and I got a new 8 gig microsd screaming to be used, which will house a lot of media.

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sakura provides media playback. I could take out the GBA expansion from my DS Lite and it'd still play the videos I put on it just fine. The Expansion cart only supplies extra ram to some programs, and can be used as the ram module for a patched DS Browser, or some homebrew may be able to use it. It's mostly for GBA, however. And it runs every game I've tried perfectly (after I figured out that I should not put the GBA games in a subdirectory)

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe what he is thinking of is the rumble ram pack, you can get this bundled, but all it does is allow you to use the ds browser and have rumble support without swapping the slot 2 device...and since not all games use rumble and you can use the GBA expansion pack for the ds browser(you do need to patch the browser rom for it to work) there's no need for the rumble ram pack. Plus you cannot play gba games with the rumble ram pack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill