Hacking M33 Team alive? What the hell is this?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
So... I was scanning the interwebz looking for any possible updates on a 6.38 HEN. And I came across this:

http://m33user.netboarder.com/f2-m33-custom-firmwares

What the hell is this? People on the forum are reporting it working, is it all just an elaborate hoax? I am going to download one of these and see what's up.

Apparently doing further research, this is NOT DAX (as expected) but somebody else just modifying (by hex edit) the name of PRO, and editing a few things.

QUOTE said:
Hey guys, Just a heads up on the latest PSP Custom Firmware release a few days ago known as PSP Custom Firmware 6.35 M33 by a user known as M33user . After examining a few site and listening to a few developers looking into this latest PSP CFW , It seem that PSP Users M33user has been using the PSP CFW code from PSP Custom Firmware Developer virtuosflame 6.35 Pro CFW . It was discover yesterday after a PSP Developer decided to use a Hex Editor to look into the CFW 6.35 M33 and found similarities in both CFW .

It’s recommended not to download this CFW 6.35 M33 and stick with it’s original source which is PSP CFW 6.35 Pro . However , This PSP CFW 6.35 M33 seem to work but it’s the same as PSP CFW 6.35 as it only seem to have change the name to 6.35 M33 . They have been no confirmation from Dark Alex himself and there is no confirmation from the Official M33 developers .

Please note that this is not a official Dark Alex Release buy a copy cat and is recommended to take caution when installing any PSP Custom Firmware claim to be from dark alex as his official blogs make no mention about this release . So considering what other users and developers has stated. We will mark this PSP Custom Firmware 6.35 M33 as a Fake .

This is what some PSP users had to say about this fake PSP CFW 6.35 M33.

From pspslimhacks.com
PSP Users Austin98989-v2
Yes,this is FAKE !!!
I tested it on my PSP 3000,it just a 6.35 Pro-A4 modded
PS1 is NOT SUPPORTED PS1 from PSN worked like 6.35 Pro-A4 does
And if you run 6.35 Pro-A4 Fast Recovery on 6.35 OFW ( M33-2 installed ),you can return to 6.35 M33-2

From wololo.net
PSP User SonicTheHedgehog
6.35 m33 is a fake, Dark Alex already quit psp hacking long time ago and it is not created by Dark Alex, it is m33user and he took all the things from Virtuous Flame 6.35 PRO-A and turn it into 6.35 m33

From PSP-Hacks.com
PSP User Demonchild
Hex-edited from 6.35 PRO.
PS1 games do not work.

Once it has been proven that this is a Legit PSP CFW 6.35 M33 the Fake labels will be remove, But for now the fake PSP CFW 6.35 M33 Label will remain to otherwise proven is not a fake nor stolen code from other PSP CFW developers .

But for anyone wanting to test this PSP CFW or take a look at the files, Feel free to download it from here

I am posting this here now as a warning for people because I have not heard anything about this yet until now and this has surfaced just recently, so... yeah.

This "M33" admin of the site claims to be releasing a 6.38 HEN soon a well. WTF is up with that? Sounds like some asshole is taking DAX, VF, Coldbird, TN, and Davee's glory. But IF he releases a (legit) 6.38 HEN first it WOULD be a huge contribution to the scene.

Discuss.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:
I remember that. Yeah, it was just fool hexediting and reverse-engineering PRO. I wouldn't even worry about it, as it's nowhere near as popular as PRO and TN.

Either way, I think people should know so NOOBS don't fall prey to it. I mean... So many people still follow the DAX and M33 names, it's easy to be mislead by something like this.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Also, look at these assholes capitalizing on his success as well... with garbage scam "unofficial" DAX sites.

http://www.darkalex.com/psp-custom-firmware.htm

http://dark-alex.org/

I HATE these types of people. Don't worry, no ISOs or warez in the links. And they can't even get their info right... first site says "5.40 Revision-a for 3000" was his last released CFW. BS.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, chill. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that those are fake, and why were you searching for them anyway? Just so you'd have something to post about?

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
Dude, chill. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that those are fake, and why were you searching for them anyway? Just so you'd have something to post about?

Don't be a dick.
frown.gif

I was searching a few things:

1. if there is any progress on 6.38 HEN
2. Any news on M33 (every once in a while I check)
3. "Dark Alex" for the hell of it, to see if his site ever came back up.

I'm not freaking out, so no need to tell me to chill. I am not "trying to find something" to post about I am just posting these fakes so people know. NOT EVERYBODY knows this shit is fake.

I always believe gaining more knowledge is a good thing and some people (who posted on the fake M33 forum) even have fallen for this. Not everyone is "as smart" as you, so try to help educate them instead of cluttering threads with hurtful comments Bro.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi is a courageous firmware guinea pig. Risking his hardware for the sake of others. Give him some slack. I for one am very grateful.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
DarkShinigami said:
i believe schlupis postin to protect noobs i for one give him a seal of approval.any who good job schlupi ur an awesome dood

got the pic now

seal-of-approval.jpg

Thanks Bro.
wink.gif

You get it. I think Noobs have every right to be well informed. Helps GET RID OF NOOBS.
yeah i know some people dont get it even though they were noobs before. i believe noobs need to search but they can be helped but not spoon fed the answer. some noobs are quich with their reseach and fuck em selves over by bein too quick on the draw which is what your search will help prevent here.

well guess i better catch some z's it 2 in the morning where i live. good night all

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If you check the Domain details you can see it's still owned/registered to a Spanish address and by Dark Alex the developer.(registered 2006)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As for the HEN he has reportedly made, this is quite clearly a load of crap. He claims he found a VSH exploit - this is both unnecessary (seeing as signing can be used to execute code) and would be a user mode exploit on its own - he'd also need a kernel mode exploit. Anyone could fake that screenshot using any CFW or one of the 6.35/6.20 HENs and a simple plugin.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
As for the HEN he has reportedly made, this is quite clearly a load of crap. He claims he found a VSH exploit - this is both unnecessary (seeing as signing can be used to execute code) and would be a user mode exploit on its own - he'd also need a kernel mode exploit. Anyone could fake that screenshot using any CFW or one of the 6.35/6.20 HENs and a simple plugin.

That's very true. Didn't even read that topic there so I missed that. lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, u sure you arent a preteen?