Visit site
XP
Country
Best NDS & Homebrew with ok GBA: SuperCard
Good overall: M3
OK DS and best GBA: EZ

rofl2.gif

No.

Supercard and M3 are equal for DS games. Quit spreading false information.
And GBA support of SC isn't "ok". Ever tried playing Mario Kart, Advance Wars 2 or the Metroid games on it?

If you call EZ4's DS performance "ok", then Supercard's GBA support is surely crap! The EZ4 isn't as bad for DS as you make it sound...
wacko.gif

QUOTE said:
Its all a pick and choose game and all are great products!

I agree with this one
wink.gif

Btw, you have a link to a "Complete guide to Flascarts..." in your banner, yet you only have images of Supercard products (SCLite and Superkey) in it. Coincidence?
bow.gif

Actually, M3's DS compatibility is very slightly lower I think, since it can't play Ultimate Spider-man. But I do agree that if you call the EZ4's DS compatibilty OK then SuperCard should be called 'Bad' for GBA. EZ4 plays almost every DS game with the exception of two or three minor games.

I like M3 the best becuase I think that so far I have played more GBA games than DS games.

So Ultimate Spiderman works perfectly on SCLite? On M3 it works if you use the 'hit Start' workaround.

Not tested it on SCLite but tested it on the supercard SD. It works though you need to press the start button just after the intro. It freezes otherwise. It sometimes doesn't work but when it does the game works perfectly. They may have fixed the game totally as its a while since I've tried it or even patched it on the supercard software.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
QUOTE said:
So Ultimate Spiderman works perfectly on SCLite? On M3 it works if you use the 'hit Start' workaround.

Not tested it on SCLite but tested it on the supercard SD. It works though you need to press the start button just after the intro. It freezes otherwise. It sometimes doesn't work but when it does the game works perfectly. They may have fixed the game totally as its a while since I've tried it or even patched it on the supercard software.

Exactly the same on M3. I'll try it later on my SC CF with the newest update and will report back.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
UltSpiderman works without the pause work-around on SC-CF as long as you have a fast CF card... Kingston standard=pause trick... kingston elite pro=fine

The Ez4 DS compatability is not that great.. still waiting for Harvest moon to be fixed
frown.gif
.. too many games suffer from the loading/stutter effect, vania vid I feel will never run correctly on EZ4.

quote 'spacejump' "And GBA support of SC isn't "ok". Ever tried playing Mario Kart, Advance Wars 2 or the Metroid games on it"

all but one metroid game plays fine, mario kart when patched without restart and manual prefetch-patch, runs 99% .. advance wars2 doesn't work, that bit is correct.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just tried Mario Kart GBA without Real time save and reset, dragged it onto pfpatch and I still would call it unacceptable. As soon as there are two or three other characters on the screen you get heavy slowdown.

As you mention, Metroid Zero Mission is horribly slow, for Metroid Fusion I'll quote yumms and Altor from the SCDev Forum:

QUOTE said:
The 1st boss doesn't have much noticeable slowdown, slowndown in the later parts of them game is horrendous.

QUOTEMy SC lite runs Metroid Fusion *dramatically* slower. Rather than just slowdowns at bosses, the entire game is slow, even when nothing much is going on. Just JUMPING slows the game about 50%. I want to know what the guy was snorting who said Metroid Fusion didn't slow down whatsoever. That's what made me buy the SCL.

Oh, and Ult. Spiderman crashes on my SC CF just like on other devices. And if it runs on SC CF and M3 CF with a fast CF card it really doesn't matter, cause noone buys those monsters anymore
wink.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just tried Mario Kart GBA without Real time save and reset, dragged it onto pfpatch and I still would call it unacceptable. As soon as there are two or three other characters on the screen you get heavy slowdown.

As you mention, Metroid Zero Mission is horribly slow, for Metroid Fusion I'll quote yumms and Altor from the SCDev Forum:

QUOTE said:
The 1st boss doesn't have much noticeable slowdown, slowndown in the later parts of them game is horrendous.

QUOTE said:
My SC lite runs Metroid Fusion *dramatically* slower. Rather than just slowdowns at bosses, the entire game is slow, even when nothing much is going on. Just JUMPING slows the game about 50%. I want to know what the guy was snorting who said Metroid Fusion didn't slow down whatsoever. That's what made me buy the SCL.

Oh, and Ult. Spiderman crashes on my SC CF just like on other devices. And if it runs on SC CF and M3 CF with a fast CF card it really doesn't matter, cause noone buys those monsters anymore
wink.gif

I did hear ultimate spiderman worked fine on the supercard CF, but on the supercard SD for some reason you have to do the pause trick.

Ragone

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supercard is a good choice for the price it's at, I haven't had any problems with any DS games so yet.

It's all up to what you plan on using it for, and it's been pretty well drawn out from the past posts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: