M3/Supercard

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kev3458, Oct 2, 2006.

?

M3/Supercard

1. M3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Supercard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Oct 2, 2006

M3/Supercard by kev3458 at 1:18 AM (2,009 Views / 0 Likes) 25 replies

1. kev3458
    OP

Member kev3458 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Got a DS and wondering which would be best to buy. Considering compatibility issues and commercial games/homebrew problems. Which would you recommend?

2. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    run away!! this will turn into a massive flame thread once the m3 fanboys get here!!!

p.s. sc costs half as much, plays homebrew the same (sometimes what m3 cant) and has the same nds compatibility (and i think it has a better design)

3. rkenshin

Member rkenshin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    you know, the same can be said about supercard fanboys that have already begun the first strike

4. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    but im not a SC fanboy. if i had the money back when the SC was $40 and the M3 $90 i would have gotten the M3, but i didnt

5. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    For DS compatibility I'd probably go for a Supercard. GBA compatibility however is better left to M3.

Both are very good but because I love my GBA games, M3 has my vote [​IMG]

6. ron555

Member ron555 GBAtemp Fan

I've got a Supercard and while I think it's the best b/c of it's interface, I'd trade it for an M3 for the GBA compatibility alone.

7. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    I like the EZ-flash IV. [​IMG]
    No vote from me.

Seriously though theses polls are never going to give you great info. Most people will vote based on the one they have. I know some people have multiple carts but most have only one and only have experience using that one on a daily basis.

8. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    go research on the carts and decide what's best for you, there is no perfect cart and all have pros and cons. I hope someone closes this thread before it turns into another one out of however many I've seen already of fanboys vs fanboys of flashcarts.

9. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I use a Supercard for NDS and an EFA Linker for GBA. Sometimes I do think it would be nice to have one cart doing it all, but that's a compromise I'm not willing to make. The Supercard's method of saving direct to the CF/SD card kicks butt, the SCLite's got a bit of an edge on NDS over M3Lite, and I don't like the M3 disclaimer screen or fancy GUI. With GBA, I don't think any of the NDS Slot2 oriented cards do the job like a dedicated GBA flashcart like the EFALinker, EZFlash II, or even X-rom. So, although I end up using two different handhelds (I don't even play any GBA on my NDS - I use a GBASP2 only), I think I've still got the best performance.

10. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    This is what I said on a similar topic:
    I quote myself here...
    I like to add that I still love both of them, but I think the SC is more pratical and for some reason I use it all the time.

11. ron555

Member ron555 GBAtemp Fan

AMEN. The M3's interface is GOD-AWFUL.

I retract my previous post and +1 for supercard!

12. rkenshin

Member rkenshin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's funny that the G6 DS side shows no disclaimer while the GBA side does..

M3 should redo the DS side to be more like the G6, at least it'll be quick for game and homebrew access..

13. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    I think it's simple as this:

If you care for GBA --> get M3.
    If you don't care for GBA --> get SC.

All this shit about menus and saving shouldn't determine which cart to get. All that matters is NDS and GBA compatibility (where NDS is equal on both).

My vote would go for G6 Lite, so no vote from me.

14. FifthE1ement

Member FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Best NDS & Homebrew with ok GBA: SuperCard
    Good overall: M3
    OK DS and best GBA: EZ

Its all a pick and choose game and all are great products!

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

15. SpaceJump

Germany
    I agree with this one [​IMG]

Btw, you have a link to a "Complete guide to Flascarts..." in your banner, yet you only have images of Supercard products (SCLite and Superkey) in it. Coincidence? [​IMG]

16. kobewan

Member kobewan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Actually, M3's DS compatibility is very slightly lower I think, since it can't play Ultimate Spider-man. But I do agree that if you call the EZ4's DS compatibilty OK then SuperCard should be called 'Bad' for GBA. EZ4 plays almost every DS game with the exception of two or three minor games.

I like M3 the best becuase I think that so far I have played more GBA games than DS games.

17. pte

Member pte GBAtemp Regular

The EZ team released their fatlib and they have a very good DS support and the best GBA support. I will buy one asap since it's dirt cheap as well. Unlike the rest.

18. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I've had the supercard from the very beginning and have owned the SD, mini SD and the supercard lite. All of them I've had no problems with. The firmware updates maybe a little slow but the few games that can't be patched, patched working versions of the games appear. The supercard is cheaper than the M3 but the GBA rom compatibility isn't as good on the supercard.

At the end of the day its if you want to spend the extra for better GBA rom compatibility. I got the supercard to play DS games and homebrew, I see being able to play most GBA roms as a bonus.

19. SpaceJump

Germany
    So Ultimate Spiderman works perfectly on SCLite? On M3 it works if you use the 'hit Start' workaround.

20. pte

Member pte GBAtemp Regular

Buy an EZFlash product, buy a M3 product, buy a SC product. Don't buy a Datel product.

It is plain bullshit to go on with these threads. Who ever started this had no idea that these have no plain answer.