Hacking M3 Simply's included USB SD Adapter safe?

NemesisHunter

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering how safe is the key-sized USB to SD adapter that comes with the M3 Simply. The one I use is only a month and a half old now, it looks solidly built and is black.

Should I consider buying another USB Key-sized SD adapter to replace the stock one? If so, what model in particular?

Thx in advance!

Keso_77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have also gotten a m3simply recently and spent easter setting it up using the stock usb adapter (the aluminum one) and I did not have any issues. Based on the reports here though, if you have a small micro-sd card and plan to write alot to the card then a proper reader/writer might be in order.

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I threw it away. I have a reliable 30-in-1 card reader from HAMA that does a better job and reads my CF and SDs from the digicams as well.

Shebang

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It seems to me that each person gets a possibly different randomly chosen adapter, because I have seen a different USB in every picture around the web in the package. I got one with just a MicroSD USB 2.0 logo that works great, and has not failed me yet. I bought a Corsair 1GB and the adapter it came with is slow and terrible, but the USB is very fast and transfers a 128MB rom in 3x less (three minutes on the sd adapter) time it takes on the SD adapter.

So judging from what I originally said, it's near impossible to figure out if yours is good or not. Just use it and find out, you may get lucky.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
mine is small, transparent black, has like two square pyramids on the front, where it is an Usb 2.0 logo, and "Trans Flash" under it...

It works great as hell.... no problems and is faster than the usb 2.0 cardreader I got for SD-cards (which I used before, with a microSD -> SD adapter)...

Mine works like a charm... maybe we should put together a "M3 DS Simply Stock USB adapter workability"-list

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
throw it away, i used my default R4DS one (with the 2 pyramids on it) for a while as my old memory SD card reader died after a few good years of use, it didn't take long before my computer crashed with explorer errors and very slow reading and writing times, i've brought a real memory card reader recently and that thing is going in the bin.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree, this would be a swell idea!
Here's mine, works great, never failed, faster then MicroSD -> SD adapter that came with Corsair chip.
microsdm3xs2.png

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mine is small, transparent black, has like two square pyramids on the front, where it is an Usb 2.0 logo, and "Trans Flash" under it...

It works great as hell.... no problems and is faster than the usb 2.0 cardreader I got for SD-cards (which I used before, with a microSD -> SD adapter)...

Mine works like a charm... maybe we should put together a "M3 DS Simply Stock USB adapter workability"-list

Cool, that's the same one as mine
biggrin.gif
. I had no problems with it or anything so far and mine is also only a month 1/2 old from the day it arrived.

nds_gamerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one mistake i made with the sd readers was thinking its a push in type and i tried to push my microsd in and it broke. i mean the m3 simply is a push in type as well so i assumed it would do the same. oh well. lesson learn.

jono_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you got too much money lol

i think second batch have the one pictured above, becuase i have a first batch one aswell and it has a black one with ike little pyramids.

i think ill stay away from that one, but ill use the silver one.

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've got the one pictured above, works great. of course its the only micro-SD card reader i've got so if it ends up crapping out i'll have to get a different one
smile.gif

/me crosses his fingers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them