OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought an M3 Perfect back, probably within a month of when the NDS first came out in the US. It's a Compact Flash unit, with a PassMe (probably V1) and loads from a CF card in the GBA slot ("M3 GBA Movie Player"). 80% of (commercial) games used to work when I first got it, I stopped using it for a while, now some of them don't work and most, if not all new games don't work. I've tried games such as Mario Vs. Donkey Kong March of the Minis, Professor Layton And the Curious Village, etc... Newest game I have that works is either Mario Kart or BioHazard DS (Japanese version of of Resident Evil: Deadly Silence). I know the dumps I have work because I got my girlfriend a CycloDS for her birthday and every game I've tried works. Does the CF version not support DLDI or something like that, or is that only for homebrew games?
I'm 90% sure I'm going to trade in my DS Fat for a DS Lite and get a CycloDS, but not anytime soon... and I want to play Professor Layton, lol.
BTW, Layton even works (choppy, but works) on iDeaS (the emulator)... Surprising a game would work there and not on my M3 (although it's a piece of crap).
Thanks

In case anyone says anything... I did use search first.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you tried updating the M3 Firmware and using an updated Game Manager?
tongue.gif

beano311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to mention that... I updated the firmware like last month I think. They changed their site around or something since then and I can't find the M3 Perfect CF firmware download (or any other firmware download for that matter, or game manager). However, I totally forgot about the Game Manager, I forgot you had to use that and couldn't drag and drop like the superior CycloDS...
I'm going to spend a little more time looking at the site and the site it links to for downloads... it says if you can't download from our site (the M3 site), go here; however, there aren't even links to download anything on their site.
And I love the Mr. Saturn avatar, lol.

beano311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum