Hacking M3 Lite "White Screen"

codemastermm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently have been attempting to playing a variety of GBA games on my M3 Lite flash cartridge in my DS. I am able to play DS games perfectly fine, so I am a bit stumped as to why the GBA games aren't working. Instead of running the GBA rom as presumed, it instead shows a blank white rectangle in place where the game normally would appear - there is no audio, as well.

I have tried switching the GBA screen preference from top to bottom - both result in the white screen. I have also attempted various filesystems on my 1 GB MicroSD card (FAT32 - M3 software doesn't boot, FAT16 - works fine [tried default blocksize, 16k blocksize, 32k blocksize and 64k blocksize all with the same result]). I have tried booting the GBA roms with the A button (for "Fast Open"), which results in the loading screen sitting at 000000 KB, and Start button (for "Open"), which does load the GBA rom, but results in a white screen.

In a nutshell, no GBA games have worked so far, so I am quite stumped as to what is wrong.

Thanks for any help that can be provided!
yaynds.gif

EDIT: I am using a M3 Lite, which I believe has support for 32MB GBA ROMs, so I believe that isn't the issue.

john9871

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to use the M3 Game Manager to load game to SD card. Then you have to enter GBA Mode by pressing START. Navigate to the gba rom and execute it with the START button.

It could also be a bad rom dump, test it with No$GBA or whatever GBA emulator you like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1