1. trench02

trench02 Newbie
    Newcomer

Are the flash cards pretty easy to find in Hong Kong? Is there a certain shopping area that carries them? I went a few years ago and didn't see anything there..

2. KINGOFNOOBS

KINGOFNOOBS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    "Looks like the M3 fits very nicely into the gba slot unlike the SCL. Hurry up realhotstuff and ship me my M3L!"

Well with SCL has FRONT Loading. And if you zoom in on that pic. Its High Speed. So it needs high speed and still has sound lag.. and a little video lag. + its not front loading... fail fail fail. And it sticks out. SCL for the win. + its cheaper.

3. Pado

Pado GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Go around in Mong Kok I shall say [​IMG] most "illegal" stuff are there. There are several specific shopping malls selling console/handheld stuff, so try there I shall say. The Mong Kok Computer Centre should have some shops selling flashcards too, which is also the place for flashmemory [​IMG].

4. dirtyweasel

dirtyweasel Member
    Newcomer

United States
    A lot of people don't like front loading because it makes it possible for the MicroSD to fall out, and it prevents the cart from looking indistinguishable from the GBA cover.

5. Morning

Morning Member
    Newcomer

Front loading or side loading - its personal preference i say, for me - i rkn side loading is betta...
    (oh and if u look at one of the videos - it SEEMS me that the side-loading microSD slot is SPRING-loaded... hopefully someone can confirm it, because i rkn spring-loaded slot is much betta)

does it need high speed micro SD? i think just wait until ppl get them and test it out.
    I'm gettin a normal 1gb Sandisk micro SD so i'll try it out and see how it goes...

and, the m3 lite sticks out?...
    err...
    [​IMG]
    and another if u're not convinced...
    [​IMG]
    here's another...
    [​IMG]

credits yyjoy
    (more pics here - yyjoy)

6. meangreenie

meangreenie Banned
    Banned

I would definately wait for a revision to surface and the old stock to die out before buying an M3-Lite, as those pics look terrible... poor effort.

7. Kyro

Kyro GBAtemp Regular

France
    it seems supercard lite is not as compatible with homebrew than the mini sd, sd and compact version

maybe it s because, there is no fat lib for micro sd allowing write mode... (for example latest dsorganize cant write on a sclite)
    so supercard lite lost its homebrew good compatibility advantage over the m3)

m3 lite might be as compatible with homebrew than the sclite...

8. Remy

Remy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is definitly a HUGE let-down to see that the M3 Lite sticks out. Even if it's just by a little bit, they can't justify the delays with a product like that's technically flawed.

9. sbohs

sbohs Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    The Yyjoy page mentions that it does not stick out, it only appears so in the pictures he took, something to do with the plastic covering of the white NDSL.

This Yyjoy post has a picture with a description explaining this.

10. Remy

Remy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    oh...

ermm...can you translate some of the stuff please? =D

11. Morning

Morning Member
    Newcomer

sorry, i just wanna reply because i'm confused =/

From my perspective, the M3 Lite does not stick out at all in those pics. u can get REALLY picky and say that the edge doesn't 'curve' and align properly with the DS Lite exactly like the dust cover.. but it is practically still flush...
    if anything - it only looks like it sticks out because the M3 lite doesn't have the clear plastic over its edge...

But then i look at the supercard lite - it has that same 'curved edge' problem that doesn't completely align with the DS lite, but u guys seem more forgiving for that.. on top of that, when it first came out, it was hard to put in and out (i've used one and it is tough).. and only recently has that issue been rectified (only about a week b4 M3 Lite's release) ... but i don't see people really slamming the SCL....

either i'm not seeing wat u guys are seeing, or there's something i don't know about the M3 lite and the SCL... =/

12. preelude

preelude Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    its 49.99 vs 79.99

thats why nobody is "slamming" the SCL

13. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    w00t, my m3 lite is on its way, will make some pictures once it is here [​IMG]

14. dirtyweasel

dirtyweasel Member
    Newcomer

United States
    My guess was that there were a larger number of young SC Lite owners:
    No job = less money = has to choose cheaper product.
    I mean, who over the age of 18 would be bored enough to "slam" a product line, while praising a competing product by a company they have no affiliation with. [​IMG]

But seriously, I wish this flashcart fanboyism would end. Not only is there PSP vs DS, but within that there is flashcart arguments among DS owners. [​IMG] G6/M3, SC, etc.. are all good products in thier own ways, & competition is always a good thing because it makes these companies want to make improvements to thier products over the competitors.

15. KINGOFNOOBS

United States
    Lmao. You say it DOENST stick out and the pictures clearly show that it DOES. Lmao.

[​IMG]
    sticks out..

[​IMG]
    Cant you see it sticks out a little bit. Lmao cant you see that little white space?

[​IMG]
    more sticking out..

M3 Lite is a rushed product like EZ Flash 4. Soon there will be a even 'truly' flush version. M3 Lite is just a marketing ploy. M3 Ultra Lite or M3 DS Slot. Will be the true M3's. This is just here so Supercard doesnt take the DS Lite userbase.

16. baz8755

baz8755 Member
    Newcomer

If you look closely you can see the card fits flush against the clear outer plastic of the white DS.

17. KINGOFNOOBS

United States
    Thats not the point. The point is that the product isnt flush. And besides. IT does stick out a little. Supercard Lite isnt flush either so its nay-nay.

18. KINGOFNOOBS

United States
    [​IMG]
    Cant you see? Jeez. It sticks out. Deal with it. If you dont want ANY sticking out buy G6 Lite and a DS Flash Cart (Slot 2)

19. Pikaash2586

Pikaash2586 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wow, everyone is arguing about an insignificant amount of cartridge protrusion...

20. simpson17

simpson17 GBAtemp Regular

United States
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - available, Order,