Hacking M3 Lite: GBA soft reset, possible?

khan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
I am currently using M3 Lite to play GBA games only but it is very annoying, having to turn off GBMicro everytime I want to change a game.

So, was wondering if soft reset is possible?

Thanks

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, sure. Just use the M3 Game Manager.

Start it and choose Write GBA, like you always do. Now just choose the rom. After a while you'll see a dialog. In it, you see "RealTimeSave". Choose that, and choose OK.

Now put the MicroSD-card in your M3 Lite, start the GBA-rom and when you're done playing or when you want to make a savestate (there are 3 in total) you push A+B+L+R. You'll see a menu in which you can make and restore save state, reset, choose cheats and return to the menu. Choose that and the M3 Lite will Soft Reset.

I don't know if it's possible to bypass the menu...

Edit: 4saken beat me on it.

Btw, I think every game is supported, but some will behave strangely or even lock up when you return from the menu. Using Soft Reset shouldn't be a problem with any rom.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Btw, I think every game is supported, but some will behave strangely or even lock up when you return from the menu. Using Soft Reset shouldn't be a problem with any rom.

Don't think so, unless I enabled another function which doesn't make certain games work. Initially I had special effects enabled on all my GBA games, then some wouldn't boot (black screens - I think GTA Advance was an example of this). You can probably tinker with more settings, but I just didn't bother. Should work on most games though

khan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
I do not use cheats so do you guys think, most of the games(if not all) will work with RealTimeSave enabled?

Than you all for the tips

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most of them should work with RTS, but I haven't had much luck with getting the whole thing to work.. So I prefer not to use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv