Hacking M3 Game Manager v22f

cage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like a new manager came out on the 27th with the following new feature:

1. New method "safe mode" was added.

Any ideas as to what this acutally does? I haven't had the time to actually try this out and no information was given as to its use.

It looks like v23 answered my question

"This is a new method of patching where the most simple patching method will be use. When using this mode will not allow you to use DMA or Soft Reset and other additional features. This mode is not recommended unless a new rom is being found not working with any regular patch method."

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks like a new manager came out on the 27th with the following new feature:

1. New method "safe mode" was added.

Any ideas as to what this acutally does? I haven't had the time to actually try this out and no information was given as to its use.

It looks like v23 answered my question

"This is a new method of patching where the most simple patching method will be use. When using this mode will not allow you to use DMA or Soft Reset and other additional features. This mode is not recommended unless a new rom is being found not working with any regular patch method."

Safe Mode is a patching method that disable any patching features such as Software Reset, DMA Mode, Trimming...
It is very similar to Normal Mode, except it basically plays "Clean" un-patched ROMs....

One good example is when Mario Basket 3-on-3 came out, it did not work under any patching methods for M3.
If Safe Mode was available at the time, one would use Safe Mode on the ROM, and it would play fine on the M3, until a 'real patch method' (such as DMA Mode) works...

In Short:
ADVANTAGES:
Quick solution for ROMs that do not work with patching.

DISADVANTAGES:
No Software Reset (Cannot press the command to reset the system)
No DMA Mode (Games load slower)
No Trimming (Filesize are slightly larger otherwise)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk