Hacking M3 Freezing Issues

legions

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought the M3 and have been running the most recent Sakura firmware (1.4 I think?). I have an 8 gig card I just bought, plus an older 1 gig card. My problem seems to be that during some games the M3 will lock up (music/sound get super garbled but the screen just freezes). When I restart sometimes it's only a black screen or a white screen. So it can take multiple restarts to get to work. Games like Brain Age rarely freeze (I can play for hours a day, multiple times a week and it may freeze only once). A game like Castlevania freezes a little more often, but a game like Elite Beat Heroes will freeze frequently at the end of a song. I've reformatted both cards multiple times with the special formatting software off of this site, left a few hundred megs to gigs open on each card, I even tried the paper trick, all to no avail. I may just buy a CycloDS because this M3 has been terrible.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Didn't you make another topic about this already?? Anyway, try the 1.3 firmware because the 1.4 has some bugs in it that causes freezing (I think has something to do with cheats). Also try reformatting your microSD with the panasonic formatter. If that doesn't work try checking if the ROMs were bad dumps or that the cart might have been from a bad batch/damaged in shipping. Best thing to do is contact RHS for another M3 Real and send your one back, because the M3 Real is a really great cart bro.

hyun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Da-Bomb1 said:
Where'd you get this M3? Maybe it's a clone...though I dunno if the clones can actually run Sakura or not.
Yeah like realhotstuff will sell fakes LOL

legions

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know I haven't posted anything regarding this, so unless I post it in my sleep
blink.gif
. I've tried new roms and refomatted with the panasonic reformat software multiple times with multiple cards. I also haven't used any cheats yet with any of the roms. I'll contact RHS and see if they will be of any help.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
legions said:
As far as I know I haven't posted anything regarding this, so unless I post it in my sleep
blink.gif
. I've tried new roms and refomatted with the panasonic reformat software multiple times with multiple cards. I also haven't used any cheats yet with any of the roms. I'll contact RHS and see if they will be of any help.
Well...there's always the chance it's a defective card. It happens. Contact them and see if you can get a replacement.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
legions said:
blink.gif
You have posted two threads, this is the second one. The first was called M3 + RAM expansion constantly freezing and I posted in it. Anyway, just contact RHS and ask for another M3 Real and send yours back.

legions

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
You have posted two threads, this is the second one. The first was called M3 + RAM expansion constantly freezing and I posted in it. Anyway, just contact RHS and ask for another M3 Real and send yours back.

Oops, I realized that I made that in the wrong forum and reported it. It wasn't there when I refreshed so I didn't think it had been posted.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
legions said:
PettingZoo said:

Oops, I realized that I made that in the wrong forum and reported it. It wasn't there when I refreshed so I didn't think it had been posted.
Oh okay lol, I thought you were a creepy impatient guy. Best thing to do is call up/email RHS, tell them what has happened and ask for a replacement and then send them the broken M3 Real.

legions

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
Oh okay lol, I thought you were a creepy impatient guy. Best thing to do is call up/email RHS, tell them what has happened and ask for a replacement and then send them the broken M3 Real.

lol, I'm not too impatient most of the time. I've emailed them, hopefully it works out. I already threw away the box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1