Hacking M3 DS REAL: Slower than R4 and Simply!!!

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello gamers

Well I decided to migrate to my M3 DS Real when I made a shocking discovery.

Apparently the M3 REAL is slower than my original R4 and Simply. (Both GUI and in game menu)

I've noticed this only during the menu in Jump! Ultimate Stars.(only game I tested so far) For those of you who do play the game it's at the part where you select your deck.

When I'm given the option to scroll through my decks, there is a slight lag, not a huge one but slight lag. It's not a big problem but there is lag in the game menu. I didn't notice anything during actual play. But to me though I'm constantly using the menu to build decks. The lag time does add up and slow you down. It becomes annoying after a while considering that the R4 was much faster. So I'm use to a faster scroll through my collection of decks. You can see there is a slight choppyness to the frames. Where as the R4 is much smoother and faster while scrolling through. This also applies to the GUI of the R4 and M3 REAL as well. R4 has smooth scrolling where the M3 REAL is quit choppy.

I was curious if this will be fixed in upcoming firmware updates and if anyone else has experienced this?
I hope some one else can test this as well if they both own the same flashcards and support my finding.

But for sure the R4 is much faster than the M3 REAL when it comes to Jump! Ultimate Stars from my findings. (I'm hoping for a fix because I do like the M3 REAL I own three of them and three R4 so lets hope it will be fixed in the future lol)

Jimmy

Note: Regular A-Data 2GB Micro SD and Sandisk 2GB micro SD used in test

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've actually noticed this on mine as well, but only on my SDHC cards. When I use my 2 GB Kingston, there's no problem. That I notice anyway.

are you talking about the in game menu for Jump Ultimate Stars?

So if your using the Kingston 2GB Micro SD the menu in Jump! are practically the same? There are no scrolling issues or nothing?
I notice a slight lag between the two flashcards hardly noticeable but you can tell there is lag when your browsing through 50decks .

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've actually noticed this on mine as well, but only on my SDHC cards. When I use my 2 GB Kingston, there's no problem. That I notice anyway.

are you talking about the in game menu for Jump Ultimate Stars?

So if your using the Kingston 2GB Micro SD the menu in Jump! are practically the same? There are no scrolling issues or nothing?
I notice a slight lag between the two flashcards hardly noticeable but you can tell there is lag when your browsing through 50decks .

Well, I don't have 50 Decks in there. But I'm pretty sure I've never noticed any lag while going through my menus.

Kizmatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 gig A-Data card with M3 Real - I have no lag in M3 Menu or Games

Matter of fact Castlvania POR runs perfect, couldnt say that using my M3 Simply, with an 1 gig kingston or a 2 gig sandisk

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does it happen to all your menus? Cause I've never noticed any problems navigating mine.

I've only tested Jump! Ultimate Stars so far comparing the M3 DS Real vs the R4 and the R4 is much faster. I just have a hard time adjusting to the slower M3 Real version. I don't think it's my micro SD either as I use the same one to test on the R4

I'm going to do further test to see if any other games are affected by this too

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
i agreed but only in menu/loading game... it much slower than r4 but in game, the speed look the same...

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
innercy@

Game loading, loads just as fast for me. once I push start it loads just as fast as the R4. (using A-Data 2GB and Sandisk 2GB)

I guess I play Jump! Ultimate Stars so much that I can tell the difference when using an M3 Real and an R4/Simply I tested it out on all Three flashcards and both Micro SD cards that I own. A tad slower than the R4 thats my conclusion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up