M3 DS & G6 DS News

wuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know the specific model for these Kingmax and PNY microSD? Anyone have a suggestion where to buy them in the US? Newegg has a PNY, but I'm not sure if it's the recommended type.

DSLite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I'm getting an R4 and a Sandisk card, be interested to see how it plays POR with it seeing as the M3 Simply apparently can't
R4 DS = M3 Simply, M3 Simply = R4 DS, problems = problems.

So my 1gb kingston I just bought isn't going to run PoR any better than my supercard? That's disappointing.
Probably made in Taiwan?

I'm confused about the castlevania thing. I have an m3 simply, and using complete save file, with a kingston 1gb (FAT) I was able to go in out of the paintings without any freezing. Would it be different if I started from the beginning of the game?
No, you have the right card (made in Japan) which doesn't cause problems.

QUOTE(wuka @ Jan 5 2007, 10:43 PM)
Anyone know the specific model for these Kingmax and PNY microSD? Anyone have a suggestion where to buy them in the US? Newegg has a PNY, but I'm not sure if it's the recommended type.
Their PNY cards are okay.

The 1GB Kingston made in Japan(!) and also 1GB Toshiba are actually PNY (OEM) -> which are the best budget cards for the R4 DS/M3 Simply.
However, the 1GB Kingston made in Taiwan is bad (that's the one Danny means), also the 512MB from Kingston is not recommended.

wuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 1GB Kingston, but it's from Taiwan.
frown.gif

Thanks, maybe I'll get the PNY...

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is confirmed, but an 'insider' source' Tells me the M3 Real will be bundled with an 32 Meg 'expansion pack' and to run GBA games it just loads it to the ram pack and saves it on the microSD on the real. Take it with a grain of salt though.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kingmax is probably your best bet. i don't know about PNY but Kingmax manufactures all the flash memory. I have a Kingmax in my M3 DS Simply have not had problems in Castlevania or any other game for that matter. All Kingmax Micro SD cards are 66x, regardless of size.

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You folks need to understand that this all stems from two issues: The lack of understanding towards the written protection within the ROM itself, which many card makers have yet to solve, as well as memory brand compatibility efforts on the part of Team G6/M3. The only "solution" thus far is that the higher speed of memory, the less likelyhood the game will freeze up. Hence, why G6 reportably runs it flawlessly (despite several claims to the contrary) as well as DS-Xtreme also running it quite well with the freezing being managable.

So, to overcome this hurdle, we, the gamers, must wait for the appropriate understanding of said protection by the various card makers or just buy the damn game. I've already decided to buy it. Just waiting for it to get back in stock locally.
smile.gif

forkyfork

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused about the castlevania thing. I have an m3 simply, and using complete save file, with a kingston 1gb (FAT) I was able to go in out of the paintings without any freezing. Would it be different if I started from the beginning of the game?
dsliteNo, you have the right card (made in Japan) which doesn't cause problems.

Yep! My microsd card says japan on it (although ironically the adapter was made in china - which threw me off)

Where would people be getting the taiwan kingston cards? I got mine from buy.com. Is there an easy way to tell?

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also got mine from buy.com, and it is a Taiwan one.
But, everything I've thrown at it works great.

Including all the benchmark games, MP3's, and .DPG movies.

I watched all of Serenity while I was at work.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is confirmed, but an 'insider' source' Tells me the M3 Real will be bundled with an 32 Meg 'expansion pack' and to run GBA games it just loads it to the ram pack and saves it on the microSD on the real. Take it with a grain of salt though.
Haha, if that is true, there's not much of a difference from that as opposed to if I bought an R4 and a slot 2 to allow me to play GBA games. The real innovation would be a slot-1 (hahah, I just typoed a sec ago and typed 'slut-1') solution, and only that, that plays GBA games. Nothing in slot-2.

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
whats so bda about m3 bundling with a gba slot expansion as their solution to gba games.....the way Isee it......there is relaly no advantage to playing gba games from using a slot1 device only...

Don_K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I got 2 1GB Kingston microSD cards from buy.com - one at the beginning of December which was made in Japan and one a few weeks later that was made in Taiwan. It seems to be a crap shoot at which OEM version you'll get.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
whats so bda about m3 bundling with a gba slot expansion as their solution to gba games.....the way Isee it......there is relaly no advantage to playing gba games from using a slot1 device only...
Nothing's bad about it. Just saying though, if that is the case, this isn't anything new. A lot of sites offer that same exact bundle already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P