M Player CE alternative anyone??

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by johneem, Nov 12, 2009.

1. johneem
    OP

johneem Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hiyaall

since updating to 4.2E i can't get dvd's to play and can't get avi's to play from

any source, am looking for an alternative (to M PLAYER CE) so I can finish watching 24 season 7

I usually watch from my 4gig usb drive but sometimes put avi files on the ntfs partition of my HDD

Which I also use to run games from (wbfs partition) with wiiFlow.

The M player I'm using is the CE version and it just locks up when I try to load AVI's and doesnt let the dvd mount..

Thanks for any tips, john

2. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    install the mPlayer CE USB 2.0 cIOS and then you can play DVDs with it on 4.2.

3. Eddie_Brock

Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Apr 15, 2009
    Canada
    Vancouver Island
    GeexBox would be your best alternative...

Honestly, MPlayer_CE is your best bet. I'm a geexbox convert myself, and Mplayer_CE offers far more. Something is obviously wrong with your setup, perhaps try the above post, or reinstalling&configuring the program.

4. johneem
    OP

johneem Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2009
    I'm sure it's the USB2.0 Cios I need, but now my head is a little mashed on how to install the hermes cIOS will try though & report back

{Edit}

I went back to start installing stuff, the HBC flashed up a message saying there was an available update, so I gave it a go

then installed new HBC, installed DVDX but never did the boot one.

tried a dvd and bingo, tried my HDD film folder and BINGO again, all working

SO I End up with 4.2e with wiiflow, HBC with Mplayer CE and all works fine and dandy, great stuff.

am going to put a bit of money to one side and donate appropiately.

ALSO got the forwarder to work now, all fine except when I exit - get a slow green screen then 30 seconds later wii restarts... more research to be done!

5. covabo

covabo Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2009
    Netherlands
    There is a new update of mplayer ce. The problem is fixed now.

6. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    I think MPlayerCE for FAT32 and GeexBox for NTFS...

7. jazvdb

jazvdb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    In front of computer...

Wrong, mplayer supports both formats

8. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    I just meant, that those are the particular players I like to use with the corresponding formate...

9. Det1re

Det1re det1re.de

Oct 28, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    ...but you stated it in a way, as if it was a general rule...

10. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    Yeah, I realized that after your indication [​IMG] As I said before that was what I meant to say.

Still, both player are very good and it is just a matter of preference and as far as I know there is also a GUI for the MPlayerCE in the works, so both player will eventually be replaced by the new one I guess or that`s at least how I think about the mediaplayer-situation [​IMG]