Hacking Luma3ds selective n3ds clock+l2 per title? Thoughts?

Timburpton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be technically possible to have some sort of setting where you can have specific cia titles to run on n3ds clock+l2?

For instance, pokemon seems to work fine with clock+l2 but FF explorers doesn't work well at all.

Its a PITA to configure it everytime

Reactions: Kvnrdrguez
D

Deleted User

What i do is launch NTR and change ghe clock when i want to play a game that hates it, i also launch NTR when i want to save power

D

Deleted User

NTR can change clock speed?
yep
id9tKi4.jpg

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
My n3DS works completely fine with the clock speed set, over 300 games including FFE.

I believe FFE only crashes during the tutorial or some where real early on, either way after that its fine.

Can't recall what other games had problems its not really a big enough list, only game I've come across that always seemed to crash was Highschool DxD after 2-5 minutes it would just lock up.

D

Deleted User

I believe FFE only crashes during the tutorial or some where real early on, either way after that its fine.

Can't recall what other games had problems its not really a big enough list, only game I've come across that always seemed to crash was Highschool DxD after 2-5 minutes it would just lock up.
Sonic & sega all stars racing transformed crashes the 3ds a couple of minutes into the race

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Would it be technically possible to have some sort of setting where you can have specific cia titles to run on n3ds clock+l2?

For instance, pokemon seems to work fine with clock+l2 but FF explorers doesn't work well at all.

Its a PITA to configure it everytime
It would be doable and in fact shouldn't be hard at all. There is already a per-game language/region setting. That code could be reused or the per-game config file could be expanded to contain a CPU clock setting as well.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
It would be doable and in fact shouldn't be hard at all. There is already a per-game language/region setting. That code could be reused or the per-game config file could be expanded to contain a CPU clock setting as well.
iirc Tux said it wouldn't be possible because the clock speed patch is patching NS directly.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
iirc Tux said it wouldn't be possible because the clock speed patch is patching NS directly.
Then NS can read from the per-game config file and set the CPU clock accordingly when a game is launched. Or to simplify the NS patch a bit, embed an array containing the per-game config into the NS patch.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U