Homebrew Luma3ds Region Free Help

JediJiggler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am attempting to run a JPN cartridge of Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 using Luma3ds.

I have enabled region/language emu. and ext. code, and I added a text file named the titleid containing "JPN JP" to /luma/locales/. I am running Luma3ds 6.1.1 stable (not developer) but the game still gets stuck on the 3ds splash screen if I try to run it.

Is there anything else I should try to fix this problem?

JediJiggler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUMP.
Relevant information:
I'm on a 2DS. When I tried the same thing with another out of region game (Terraria for JPN) , it did not work. When I tried the same thing with an IN region game (Pokemon Rumble World for USA) , the game loaded but it shouldn't have. Also, my 2DS is on version 9.2 and I DID complete this guide.
Is Luma3DS not able to work on 2DS or is it just not booting itself for some reason?

Last edited by JediJiggler,

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Luma Works Great on 2ds ;)
Have you Latest Stabile Build?
When yes. delete this text file you created.

And have you Updatet your 3ds?

JediJiggler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have the latest stable build. And my 2DS is still at version 9.2 like the guide ended on. After deleting the text file, it still doesn't work.
Should I update my SysNAND or EmuNAND to the newest version?

Last edited by JediJiggler,

xyxa

Dokoro
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Yes, I have the latest stable build. And my 2DS is still at version 9.2 like the guide ended on. After deleting the text file, it still doesn't work.
Should I update my SysNAND or EmuNAND to the newest version?
If you did complete Plailect's guide as you said, then you're most likely using a9lh to load true CFW off of sysNAND, unless you did not format your card to remove your emuNAND if you had one (This depends on which version of the guide you used, too). In any case, I would suggest making a NAND backup using either the Hourglass9 or Decrypt9WIP Luma payloads, whichever one you prefer, in the case that you want to revert any future decision. Decrypt9 and Hourglass9's interfaces have useful information for determining whether or not you have an emuNAND.

After doing so, update your firmware to the latest version, and see if that helps at all. It should be working on the latest firmware, as I've been able to use Luma's region free capabilities on my own 2DS. You may also want to look into Luma Locale Switcher if you haven't already.

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Plailect guide says on section IV:

10. Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings (if it is not already).

So.. why you're still on 9.2?

pyrofool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they were using the old guide and didn't do the A9lh part then they would have ended up with a 9.2 sysnand and an emunand with 11.

DaAwsom1IsTom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
MY region is eur and I have luma but when I launch Minecraft cia from USA it says an exception occurred error screen pls help

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
MY region is eur and I have luma but when I launch Minecraft cia from USA it says an exception occurred error screen pls help

When does the exception occur, right after launching? What does the exception screen say? And, your console is a New model, right? The game only works on those.

First and foremost;

1-Backup your SD card contents.
2-Format your SD card using guiformat., as FAT32 with 32kb of cluster size.
3-Test your card using h2testw .
4-Restore your SD card contents.

If your console is New and your SD card is fine, trying deleting the game through FBI > Titles > *the game* > Delete Title and Ticket. After that, try downloading it again, preferably through a known site / way (like freeShop).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup