Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could that be the cause of the shuttering issues that 11.3 introduced that are fixed in 11.4 which may be responsible for breaking reboot patches I assume? I could be wrong.
Luckily, I have a NAND backup of 11.3 I can revert my N3DSes back to 11.3 if I want, or wait until next nightly fix for reboot patches.
Unfortunately I know their functions and how to test them. So whatever is breaking them is completely out of my league.
Then again, you might be onto something.

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'm a complete noob, my New3DSXL is on 11.3 and I'm not planning to turn it on until I know if I can stop the update to 11.4 and is there a straightforward guide to putting CFW onto it? Also, will Luma play roms (not asking for where to get)

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I upgrade, I'll only be able to use DS and GBA, only when the next fix is released ?
If you are a new3DS, then GBA/DS(i) are current broken. This issue is being looked into by pretty much every dev and tester. It's highly suggested even if you aren't using these features to hold on an update until everything is properly tested and confirmed safe.

Ok, I'm a complete noob, my New3DSXL is on 11.3 and I'm not planning to turn it on until I know if I can stop the update to 11.4 and is there a straightforward guide to putting CFW onto it? Also, will Luma play roms (not asking for where to get)
Best guide around
3ds.guide
Just study that guide to make sure you understand what you are doing, then start from the beginning.
Luma3DS will play 3DS games installed CIAs, as well has patches for DS(i)(roms and flashcarts,) GBA, SNES, VC, and pretty much everything. These features as shared across every CFW.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
If you are a new3DS, then GBA/DS(i) are current broken. This issue is being looked into by pretty much every dev and tester. It's highly suggested even if you aren't using these features to hold on an update until everything is properly tested and confirmed safe.
I just updated my old 3DS.
One question, because of the GBA / DSi error will be released Luma 6.7 or just an update night.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
One question, because of the GBA / DSi error will be released Luma 6.7 or just an update night.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I am just a tester and poweruser, I am not actually a dev nor am I part of any CFW team.

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
It's somewhat unlikely since the last update was released in november last year and the author stopped releasing stable Luma versions despite recent nightly updates, just keep waiting.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes of course

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I posted before that I tried to repair my nds files by using the option "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules"
But my 3ds got a black screen every time I used it
THE PROBLEM IS that now, even if I don not use that option in luma 3ds, my console will still get a black screen.
Is my NAND corrupted?
(I am a rookie btw)
So, you enabled that option? Is that all you did?

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i would prefer using the stable version as this works with smash 4 mods. however the nightly builds will enable the gba dsi stuff to work again. couldnt the nightly be implemented with the stable so that the smash 4 mods actually work.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Last edited by Ryumaru,

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many conflicting posts. I'll just add my experience then - I updated with hourly Luma and 11.4 and my GBA injects work fine.

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So many conflicting posts. I'll just add my experience then - I updated with hourly Luma and 11.4 and my GBA injects work fine.
That is correct and ntr selector now had 11.4 support. It's just smash selector that does not work with the nightly version of Luma. Everything else now is fine

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i think i got it. on o3ds, everything BUT homebrew launcher works. homebr3w, however, wrs just fine cuz it's cias.

on NEW 3ds, reboot patches are broken, but homebrew has been fixed.

and latest nightly might have that fixed?

since i may need homebrew luancher i can't update yet cuz i have O3ds.

so question. how to i block update and stil allow freeshop?

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
okay i think i got it. on o3ds, everything BUT homebrew launcher works. homebr3w, however, wrs just fine cuz it's cias.

on NEW 3ds, reboot patches are broken, but homebrew has been fixed.

and latest nightly might have that fixed?

since i may need homebrew luancher i can't update yet cuz i have O3ds.

so question. how to i block update and stil allow freeshop?
Reboot patch is still broken even after the new nightly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...