Hacking Luma3ds a9lh /gateway3ds Emunand transfer problem

Exeplosion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

so today I got a new 3ds and wanted to transfer everything from my old 3ds's gateway emunand to luma3ds's sysnand.

When I got to
Section IV - Restoring the System
i didnt see the box in blue and restored my nandbin instead of my emunand(from old 3ds). Now whenever i go arm9loader and try to backup my emunand it says failed and that the sdcard isnt formated to emunand. The thing is my files/games and saves are still on my sd card because on my sysnand, it has nothing (no games) but when i check the Nintendo 3DS folder on my sd card it is over 34gigs and that is how much it was when I did have emunand.

Is it possible for me recover it? and how?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you didn't backup your emuNAND, and already formatted your SD card to not have emuNAND, then it's lost. The data on your SD card is encrypted to only be read by your emuNAND so if you no longer have that NAND it can't be read. Something you can try is to format your sysNAND exactly once, and see if it gets the same key as your emuNAND (this will mean the files will work again). I don't know exactly how this works or whether I've got it backwards but it's worth a shot.

Reactions: HyperT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The tots through Tina quotes are Napoleon. No free drinks and the big brown finger are Greasy...