Hacking Homebrew Luma error

h3llo_kitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
i got this error when booting my dai gyakuten cartridge. Already try formating the sd card/ removing sd card/ using another sd card but still the same. Help meee 🥲🥲🥲

Attachments

• F06AA1BE-88CE-40EF-9B2C-DA7A4BAC850D.jpeg
    F06AA1BE-88CE-40EF-9B2C-DA7A4BAC850D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 172

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is the game a cartrige or installed and running from SDCard?

Related to this thread, the Errorcode is a file Error.
thread - Error Code d900458b
- Check the Cardslot
- Clean the contact on the Card with isopropanol.
-Run a chkdsk /f with Powershell for correcting Errors.
- Command chkdsk /f /r will restore corrupt sektors.
- If u want get 100% sure, run a fully write and read test with h2wtest.
- Format the Card with fat32formater.

Reactions: CoolMe

h3llo_kitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Is the game a cartrige or installed and running from SDCard?

Related to this thread, the Errorcode is a file Error.
thread - Error Code d900458b
- Check the Cardslot
- Clean the contact on the Card with isopropanol.
-Run a chkdsk /f with Powershell for correcting Errors.
- Command chkdsk /f /r will restore corrupt sektors.
- If u want get 100% sure, run a fully write and read test with h2wtest.
- Format the Card with fat32formater.
it’s a cartridge

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could be also a savedata error. Delete the savegame also extradata if there is one. To get a backup of the save file you can try Checkpoint. If the game runs you can try restoring the savefile.

If nothing works the cartrige seems to be defectif. If u run luma u can try dumping the game with godemode9 and install it to the SDCard.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got this error when booting my dai gyakuten cartridge. Already try formating the sd card/ removing sd card/ using another sd card but still the same. Help meee
Does the error appear just when you try to launch the game? I assume you have a EU or US system, and you're trying to play an out-of-region game (Jp cartridge) most likely.. use Luma Locale Switcher then boot the game..

h3llo_kitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Does the error appear just when you try to launch the game? I assume you have a EU or US system, and you're trying to play an out-of-region game (Jp cartridge) most likely.. use Luma Locale Switcher then boot the game..
the game is jp and my devive is also in jp region

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it’ve been normal with all my cart except this one. I dumped the game and the cia did not work too
Something is up with the cartridge then. It's corrupted i think. Have you compared the hash of cia dump with one of a known clean dump of the same release?
Nevertheless, you should try with an other cia file or get another cartridge. You could fix that cart but it requires soldering and i can't help with what you need to replace inside in order to fix it..

h3llo_kitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Something is up with the cartridge then. It's corrupted i think. Have you compared the hash of cia dump with one of a known clean dump of the same release?
Nevertheless, you should try with an other cia file or get another cartridge. You could fix that cart but it requires soldering and i can't help with what you need to replace inside in order to fix it..
i think my cartridge is dead and i gonna buy another one. Anw, thank you :D:D

Do u mind if I ask u a question?
I installed a known clean dump of this game and it works fine but my own dumped game has the same problem with the cartridge, so is it the failure of the cartridge itself?

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a known clean dump of this game and it works fine but my own dumped game has the same problem with the cartridge, so is it the failure of the cartridge itself?
Haven't you asked me about this already?
The dumped cia file made from the cart gives you the same issues as the cart, you say? I assume it was made with GodMode9.. Then yes, sounds like something's up with your cart. Again, if you don't have any problems with other cartridges, otherwise it could be something else like the cartridge reader.

Reactions: Sypherone

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We also sayed it could be a corrupt save game on the Cartrige. U can try this to delete them.
Hold down A+B+X+Y while the game loads (after the Nintendo 3DS logo disappears, until the title screen is normaly shown) to erase all save data.

h3llo_kitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
We also sayed it could be a corrupt save game on the Cartrige. U can try this to delete them.
Hold down A+B+X+Y while the game loads (after the Nintendo 3DS logo disappears, until the title screen is normaly shown) to erase all save data.
It works longer than normal then suddenly errors again. I think the cartridge itself has problem totally

h3llo_kitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Edit: For who will have the same problem as mine
I already fixed it. It failed becuz somehow its original save data corrupted and resetting the save data is useless for this situation.
I downloaded a save data from the internet and then put it in my cartridge thru checkpoint.
Then the game surprisingly works fine
B-)B-)B-)

• Love

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: For who will have the same problem as mine
I already fixed it. It failed becuz somehow its original save data corrupted and resetting the save data is useless for this situation.
I downloaded a save data from the internet and then put it in my cartridge thru checkpoint.
Then the game surprisingly works fine
B-)B-)B-)
Doesn't explain why the dumped image (cia file) didn't work when you've installed it. There should be no corrupted save file issues there.

h3llo_kitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Doesn't explain why the dumped image (cia file) didn't work when you've installed it. There should be no corrupted save file issues there.
I think the point is the savedata is not an extradata in the sd card but in the cartridge itself. So when i dumped the game to cia, the save was in this .cia file too, then the corruption happened. ( Sorry for bad EL and it’s my own thought so in someway it’s sound little bit fool 🥲)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1