Homebrew Luma 6.6 o3ds Black Screen

Hector_of_Troy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey I tried installing the newest Luma together with a boot manager on my o3ds and for some reason I keep getting a black screen and it doesn't boot, even after setting the custom path. I downgraded to version 6.3.1 and now it works fine, but I don't feel safe with an old version. Is this a known bug and has anyone any clue how to fix? Tried both manually updating and luma updater.

Last edited by Hector_of_Troy,

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I tried installing the newest Luma together with a boot manager on my o3ds and for some reason I keep getting a black screen and it doesn't boot, even after setting the custom path. I downgraded to version 6.3.1 and now it works fine, but I don't feel safe with an old version. Is this a known bug and has anyone any clue how to fix? Tried both manually updating and luma updater.

do you have any custom patches installed? example: patched home menu, added region free patch, etc

Epi1612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Missed 6.5? Here's what you need to note from 6.5 onwards, meaning latest 6.6 included.

Please note that starting with this release, Luma won't support pre-patched FIRMs or other system titles with the same patches Luma does. Common pre-patched titles include NS, Home Menu, TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM (in these cases you will either get a svcBreak in loader or a shutdown when launching DS/GBA games). Clean versions of these titles need to be reinstalled before upgrading (the wiki will be updated with a walkthrough soon™).

Also this:

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-troubleshooting

Hector_of_Troy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Missed 6.5? Here's what you need to note from 6.5 onwards, meaning latest 6.6 included.

Please note that starting with this release, Luma won't support pre-patched FIRMs or other system titles with the same patches Luma does. Common pre-patched titles include NS, Home Menu, TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM (in these cases you will either get a svcBreak in loader or a shutdown when launching DS/GBA games). Clean versions of these titles need to be reinstalled before upgrading (the wiki will be updated with a walkthrough soon™).

Also this:

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-troubleshooting
aw I totally forgot about the patched AGB and TWL! Thanks, I'll try reverting to the original versions then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho @AncientBoi's favorite +1