DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thela_kid said:
i been searching online but getting shi**. can someone explain what the scandal was and how murdock was involved?

basically one of his tabloid newspapers were caught stealing personal info from 9/11 victims and other victims via phone "hacking"among other things, I don't remember. Its all quite disgusting.

LINK

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thela_kid said:
BlueStar said:
thela_kid said:
i been searching online but getting shi**. can someone explain what the scandal was and how murdock was involved?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_of_the_W..._hacking_affair
thank you! all ive been getting is murdock's name and that he owns fox

LOL, that he does, FOX "fair and balanced".

fox-news-is-satire1.jpg

D

Deleted_171835

ProtoKun7 said:
Hah.

They can't even spell "discovered".
Not to mention that it should be "mogul's"...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-aoXLZGY[/youtube]
Thought this would be informative.
wink.gif

Anyways, I found this somewhat amusing.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't wait to see if this makes the paper tomorrow.
I mean I hate The Sun, worst publication ever.

Still, as much as I dislike the sun and enjoy seeing this happen, it's not right.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
I'm sorry, but at first glance the title is hilarious.

Also, I don't think it's OK.
They rode on the boat to get there. They was done attacking everything under the sun.
tongue.gif

Wait, what happen to that 75,000 followers?

rt141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few weeks ago: "we are dissapearing from earth": lulzsec
Now: "lulz you are gatting hakked
biggrin.gif
": lulzsec
Did anyone else see it coming? Cause... I did even before they announced they would stop

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dickfour said:
So they took a web site down for about two hours. I call that a failure. Not even worth comment really.

how is that a fail, you probably can't even take down a website for a minute, and fyi they didn't take it down, they rerouted the site to their twitter account, its all for the lulz, I'm sure they could hack it again but what would be the point of that I ask you?

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
dickfour said:
So they took a web site down for about two hours. I call that a failure. Not even worth comment really.

how is that a fail, you probably can't even take down a website for a minute, and fyi they didn't take it down, they rerouted the site to their twitter account, its all for the lulz, I'm sure they could hack it again but what would be the point of that I ask you?
I look at as they rerouted web traffic for a little over an hour and almost as soon as it happened the it guys fixed it. To me the only thing they did is embarrass themselves. I'm lulzing at them. If it were me I wouldn't take credit for what I see as a failure. For example it doesn't make the news when my cable goes out for two hours or the power. That's a hell of a lot more disruptive then taking one web site down for a very very short time. If you think that's noteworthy that makes you pretty lame.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dickfour said:
DigitalDeviant said:
dickfour said:

I look at as they rerouted web traffic for a little over an hour and almost as soon as it happened the it guys fixed it. To me the only thing they did is embarrass themselves. I'm lulzing at them. If it were me I wouldn't take credit for what I see as a failure. For example it doesn't make the news when my cable goes out for two hours or the power. That's a hell of a lot more disruptive then taking one web site down for a very very short time. If you think that's noteworthy that makes you pretty lame.

your scenario has nothing to do with hacking a site, they did it for the lulz. What YOU see as a failure is subjective, perhaps they just wanted to attract attention. In that respect they succeeded. If anything the example you put shows that lulzsec can command alot of interest with such menial "hacks" while more "important" things get unnoticed. They did it to make fun of Rupert Murdoch and his media empire, if the exposure was enough to do that(and I believe that that was their intention) then it succeeds, cnn for example has made note of this. Success in this case isn't based on length of time but on exposure which I believe lulzsec is all about, showing they can do it for any or no reason at all. No need to resort to calling people names dickfour, lets be mature now.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to show you how lame and petty Lulz is. How many people here visit the Sun website? Out of the five people that couldn't gain access to the Sun web page all of them found it working an hour latter. Basically a fart in a crowded room causes more disruption. The impact of Lulz was zero. So yeah if you think this is cool you obviously have a mentality that's still on the level of thinking fart jokes are cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A