Luigi's Mansion backup not working.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Derp100396, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Derp100396
    OP

Derp100396 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2009
    United States
    I can't get a Luigi's Mansion backup to work. Every time I press start at the title screen, it freezes. I checked the compatibility list and it says it works, but for me it doesn't. I have no idea what's going on!

2. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Lets start with some details....are you trying to load it off disc? Are you running it from a USB hdd? Are you trying to run it from sd? Are you using dios mios? Most likely you have a bad rip, try re-ripping your original disc

3. Derp100396
    OP

Derp100396 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2009
    United States
    Welp! I'm retarded. I can't believe I left out details. It's off a disc. I made a Multi iso with Super Mario Sunshine. The rip isn't mine. My retail disc is lost so I got an ISO off the web. Super Mario Sunshine works, but Luigi's Mansion doesn't. I don't have mini dvds and I'm running low on DVD-Rs, but I'll try getting a different ISO and see if that works. Thanks

4. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    Which MIOS are you using? WiiGator's? The list notes "edit: I had to use option B from the launcher. Hangs loading from disc channel."

It's been a long time since I disc loaded backup gamecube games, but I remember there being a WiiGator screen that came up allowing you to choose different load options for the game. Pressing B for patched MIOS was required for certain titles, and it looks like it's required here.

5. Derp100396
    OP

Derp100396 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2009
    United States
    I did press B. It still froze. I think I have whatever is the best MIOS. Not quite sure how to check.

6. Derp100396
    OP

Derp100396 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2009
    United States
    Turns out it was indeed a bad rip.