Hacking Luigi's Mansion backup not working.

Derp100396

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get a Luigi's Mansion backup to work. Every time I press start at the title screen, it freezes. I checked the compatibility list and it says it works, but for me it doesn't. I have no idea what's going on!

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets start with some details....are you trying to load it off disc? Are you running it from a USB hdd? Are you trying to run it from sd? Are you using dios mios? Most likely you have a bad rip, try re-ripping your original disc

Derp100396

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp! I'm retarded. I can't believe I left out details. It's off a disc. I made a Multi iso with Super Mario Sunshine. The rip isn't mine. My retail disc is lost so I got an ISO off the web. Super Mario Sunshine works, but Luigi's Mansion doesn't. I don't have mini dvds and I'm running low on DVD-Rs, but I'll try getting a different ISO and see if that works. Thanks

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which MIOS are you using? WiiGator's? The list notes "edit: I had to use option B from the launcher. Hangs loading from disc channel."

It's been a long time since I disc loaded backup gamecube games, but I remember there being a WiiGator screen that came up allowing you to choose different load options for the game. Pressing B for patched MIOS was required for certain titles, and it looks like it's required here.

Derp100396

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which MIOS are you using? WiiGator's? The list notes "edit: I had to use option B from the launcher. Hangs loading from disc channel."

It's been a long time since I disc loaded backup gamecube games, but I remember there being a WiiGator screen that came up allowing you to choose different load options for the game. Pressing B for patched MIOS was required for certain titles, and it looks like it's required here.

I did press B. It still froze. I think I have whatever is the best MIOS. Not quite sure how to check.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: