ROM Hack Lufia Curse of the Sinistrals

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Ohhh, this game is no Frogger, to be sure. Maybe I'm jaded after all these games with lazy acting or Suikoden Tierkreis was such a fiasco that it made it almost not worth it, but Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals doesn't sound that bad yet. So far I've been able to bear the voices (though I did just start the game). Perhaps it's worth a shot, though. I'm not gonna say we shouldn't try, since that's the whole point of discussing games as virtual data, which is the very premise of this site. I'll just have to dust off dsbuff since it's been a while and find out the title for the Japanese version of this game.

It might not be worth it, though, since there are parts where the characters speak without subtitles. Typical. They think they never slur their words, I guess.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Trying to put the sound_data.sdat from Estpolis (renaming it to sound_data_us.sdat) into the Lufia Data/Sound folder. Let's hope that'll be it.
Yup, that's it.
smile.gif

And here it is:
http://www.load.to/BRHETCOso/Estia.rar
http://ul.to/vjizro

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OMFG, This game came out in English!?! O____O"

*goes to look for it*

As for undub, I usually give dubs a (big) chance.. Suikoden Tierkreis was the only one I REALLY couldn't stand.

Let's see how this one is
wink.gif

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Missing Number said:
Voice....Acting........

i really should get into voice acting, i could do much better..... even my sister would be a better Gades
lower my pitch by
33,746 dB
and double it.
and you get a godly sinister voice.....i can even make a computing voice

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
open up xdelta ui
patch is the .xdelta
source is clean rom
last one is the name of file, add .nds at end.
wait for it to finish patching

legaiaflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I select patch: only the clean rom "Esto" is there

when I select source: all three files are listed

So, what am I doing wrong...?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Undubs are a waste of time. I don't mean to sound nasty but it's time that could be better spent. Shining Force Feather is an amazing game that no one has shown interest in translating meanwhile people nitpick about undubs when all they have to do is lower their volume which takes 2 seconds. However, it's your life. You can waste your time as you please.

badnat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
Undubs are a waste of time. I don't mean to sound nasty but it's time that could be better spent. Shining Force Feather is an amazing game that no one has shown interest in translating meanwhile people nitpick about undubs when all they have to do is lower their volume which takes 2 seconds. However, it's your life. You can waste your time as you please.
Of course you mean to be nasty. Just because you do not have the capacity to care about a thing does not make it worthless.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
Well there are various roms that are extremely easy to undub (and this happens to be one of them). It takes possibly 3-5 minutes and people can fully listen to the music with people speaking in languages they either don't understand or just like more for the entire duration of the game, thus they are saving themselves tons of annoyance of listening to crap voices and even more so if they really enjoy the music as well. Supposing for instance someone lowers the volume for every instance of a person speaking, it would be quite a hassle to fully enjoy all aspects of the game with one of the aspects put to no volume. Quite frankly your post and this reply are entirely useless to the topic and I am only defending undubs because I don't want to do my homework yet, though I really could care less since everyone has their own preferences.

In any case, one thing I do have problem with are the people who just attempt using the xdelta patch and give up when it fails. SignZ already said which file needs to be swapped and if anything, it will always work correctly provided files don't go awry. Just because xdelta is telling that it has a problem doesn't mean that one could just as quickly get dslazy, unpack the rom, swap the files, repack, and enjoy. Supposing people actually did this, I congratulate you, but in the event that said people have taken the lazy path and just posted hoping for some boring reply, then I would like to point out that if you just follow what I have just said, you would be enjoying your undub rather than waiting for someone to see what is wrong and fix it.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man... The voice acting in this is horrible.
I didn't even make it to actual gameplay, the intro bit made me tap out.

And I don't mean horrible in the "low budget but trying hard and ends up being humorous at times" way of some older JRPG voiceovers (I'm thinking Lunar for the SegaCD/PSx) can be. This is just down right "I've said my lines now where's my money" bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1