Gaming Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm finding the game pretty easy so far.
you're invincible for a surprisingly long time during your dodge roll.
and once you get mystic stones?
game becomes a cakewalk, just stack all your stones on one character.
everything dies halfway through your combo.
the other half deals a good chunk of overkill damage which means lots of gold and bonus exp.
and you can easily get another full combo or two on a corpse.

certainly no ys game on nightmare mode at least.
tongue.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtfatom said:
is there some fking way to skip the beginning movie? pressing a or start doesn't seem to work....
i must have watched that beginning cutscene over 10 times.

must be an issue with either your system or the rom. i press the a button and skip right to the "load game" screen.

Mesiskope

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
the other half deals a good chunk of overkill damage which means lots of gold and bonus exp.

agreed.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, the best boss battle yet has been:

The one with Gades when you return to the Soma Temple for the third time. It took me a few tries to finally figure it out, but I like the Zelda quality of the battle.

Would help, though, if the boss had a health bar; this way you'd know clearly whether or not you were making headway. Good stuff, though. The game reminds me a lot more of a Zelda game than a typical JRPG. The graphics are ridiculously good, too. I don't think I've seen another game on DS with a draw distance like the stuff you see in this game.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Omg this game just gets cooler and cooler (Gratze factory)

iv just got to the big ass tank boss but that whole section before the boss felt very metal gear solid lol and i especially loved the little minigame where you were in the tank and now i just died on the HUGE tank boss LOL gonna retry now just wanted to comment on how awesome this section of the game was.

does anyone have any decent advice on how the heck your supposed to know which missles to fire back at the boss? i keep getting lucky and i managed to stun the tank twice then i ran outta heals lol but its so hit and miss when the missles fly at you not to mention the fact after the first phase it starts firing that 1hit k.o blue beam

EDIT: beat it! XD

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
wtfATOM said:
is there some fking way to skip the beginning movie? pressing a or start doesn't seem to work....

just got the game myself and the intro cutscene was unskippable as well...

turned the ds off halfway though as I only wanted to confirm the game works and haven't tried it a 2nd time.
I'm playing on latest sakura m3i zero and using the undubbed patched rom.

geeky guy,which rom are you using?

aragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dysan said:
wtfATOM said:

just got the game myself and the intro cutscene was unskippable as well...

turned the ds off halfway though as I only wanted to confirm the game works and haven't tried it a 2nd time.
I'm playing on latest sakura m3i zero and using the undubbed patched rom.

geeky guy,which rom are you using?

I don't think you can skip the intro. The cracked release (MD5: E7E9F9CD) works on Sakura for me.

wtfATOM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dysan said:
but some say they can skip the intro.

wait a sec...the intro is this one here,right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncm8Ol6lfX0

because as far as I could see,I couldn't skip it.
maybe it's unkippable only the 1st time till you save?

Haha I've had my DS on for the last couple of days since i didn't want to turn it off and have to watch the intro yet again. All the other times i played i got so sick of it that i immediately turned it off. But now I got to the part where I saved, but still reluctant to turn it off since i don't know if i'll have to rewatch the intro.

matty dodd12

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone got this game to work on DSTT, mine keeps saying error loading rom and ive updated the firmware and done anything i can think of.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Zarcon said:

Oddly this game feels a lot like an easier version of Ys 7 on DS. In fact it it's almost like the developers played it on PSP and thought "Hey, we have to do this, but let's do it on DS" "Okay everyone, which of our IPs has a red haired protagonist?" "Lufia!".
The only difference is the art style, story and the lack of AI controlled party members which probably would have been too much for DS.
And it's much easier, though I've heard Ys 7 on it's normal difficulty is quite easy too on nightmare it certainly isn't easy.

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To those complaining about Mystic Stones making the game easier: Try playing without them. The game is suddenly much, much harder.

All I will say is that the fourth fight with Gades is definitely the most epic part of the game so far.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh i can barely pass the part where u have to copy those 2 robbers on the train track like road its impossible

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ringo619 said:
ugh i can barely pass the part where u have to copy those 2 robbers on the train track like road its impossible

Pro tip: Don't execute your movements solely by sight; listen to the music. It's a rhythm mini-game, after all.
wink.gif

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Supreme Dirt said:
To those complaining about Mystic Stones making the game easier: Try playing without them. The game is suddenly much, much harder.

Having completed the game once already i think im going to try this idea. Up till about half way in the game it seems perfectly balanced difficulty wise but after that (bosses aside) the game does become a bit too easy so this could be a good way to boost up the challange!

LOVE this game tho. anyones whos reading this who hasnt played it. PLAY IT NOW!

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Too bad this game is completely ruined by the super-awkward Save/Escape/Reset-System. I just wasted 20 minutes because I did one mistake at one of those box puzzles and had to reset. Then I can't even escape from the area, let alone find a save point or even do a quicksave. Pure gameplay-fail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7