Mamothstard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey all.
I'm bored and I want to make a microgame for a friend on PSP.
A few years back I heard about being able to run lua on PSP.

Is that still possible as of today? Most info online is a never ending stream of deadlinks that even the wayback machine seems to have problems with.
I'd really love to be able to code me some games on that system and lua is just so easy to work with.

Any luck with that?

Cheers!

Edit : Also I'm aware of the work made by Rinnegatamante but, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not quite sure his works on PSP are still available.

Edit#2 : Nevermind found something to start with.
OneLua is still alive and kicking : http://onelua.x10.mx/
And a wrapper for LOVE : https://github.com/LukeZGD/LOVE-WrapLua

If anyone is interested I'll post updates over here.

Last edited by Mamothstard,

Mamothstard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Game idea is a small companion-like game for an orienteering my friend is making for his girlfriend.
Player goes from point A to point B in a small French city, finds a code, flips open the console and inputs a password ingame.
Each password gives access to a mini game, once mini game is won, game displays a text riddle to go to another location.
Rince and repeat.

Was supposed to be a GBA program so that the player could find a game cart and drop it into an SP. But I'm a shit programmer in C and ARM7 assembly. So I've put that aside and decided to port everything back to another device that is friendlier to code for. Hence why I was targeting PSP/lua.

I'm far from done, but frankly I'm very happy with how it's turning up.
The toolchain is dead easy to use : write lua, save file, reset PPSSPP and the lua JOT compiler thingamagic EBOOT does all the work for you. I'd avise anyone to give it a try if they are interested.

Frankly I'm a shit coder so if I can manage, anyone can.
Feel free to check it out.

DMG GB color palette is win (as this was supposed to be a GBA game so I did not go back and update the sprites).
Password menu is functionnal and I only need to link whatever scene to whatever input code.
I consider main menu to be in "ok it's done, but I could polish it a bit" state.

Working on the microgames now.

Also some stuff written in French, "coin" is your "quack" equivalent onomatopoeia in French.

Last edited by Mamothstard,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air.