Hacking LU64 fix for LU64+ USERS ONLY

bigtwenty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a brand new Wii (just bought it a few days ago) Well somehow it got updated to 4.0 AND has a serial LU65. I tried the steps, but I just get a ret error every time I try to install any wad no matter what! Help? or do I have to just sit and wait til this newer version comes out? I Installed HBC via the BannerBomb exploit but just absolutely cannot install any wads at all.

PLEASE HELP! THANKS

flysinger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have already used your way ,and it works when I used USBLoader to read from my USB device.
However, my backuplaucher 0.3 gamma doesnot work . I just copy backuplauncher 0.3 gamma files into my SD card without installing "cios_installer" which comes with backuplauncher 0.3 gamma.
since you asks us not to install any cIOS.
I used isoburner to burn the iso files into both DVD-R and DVD+R disks. But when I inserted either one into wii, and loaded backuplauncher to read the disk, it tells me "DVD read error 324".
I learned from other articles that tell two solutions: one is to change the disk, the other is to reinstall cIOS file. I am afraid the latter one will brick my wii.
Would you please tell me what should I do? What maybe the problem?

flysinger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have already used your way ,and it works when I used USBLoader to read from my USB device.
However, my backuplaucher 0.3 gamma doesnot work . I just copy backuplauncher 0.3 gamma files into my SD card without installing "cios_installer" which comes with backuplauncher 0.3 gamma.
since you asks us not to install any cIOS.
I used isoburner to burn the iso files into both DVD-R and DVD+R disks. But when I inserted either one into wii, and loaded backuplauncher to read the disk, it tells me "DVD read error 324".
I learned from other articles that tell two solutions: one is to change the disk, the other is to reinstall cIOS file. I am afraid the latter one will brick my wii.
Would you please tell me what should I do? What maybe the problem?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigtwenty said:
I have a brand new Wii (just bought it a few days ago) Well somehow it got updated to 4.0 AND has a serial LU65. I tried the steps, but I just get a ret error every time I try to install any wad no matter what! Help? or do I have to just sit and wait til this newer version comes out? I Installed HBC via the BannerBomb exploit but just absolutely cannot install any wads at all.

PLEASE HELP! THANKS

Search around for threads about cboot2.

narutoxela

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
THANKS IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UR LIKE A WII HACK PROGRAMER GOD, YOU SAVED MY Wii!!!!

THANKS A MILLION TIMES!!!!!!!!!! XD

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Just wondering, would I be able to install preloader 0.29 on a LU64/65 Wii on a 4.0U wii? Anyone succeeded?
Preloader's installer seems to be hard-coded to look for IOS36-v1042, which doesn't run on LU64. We need somebody to either patch v1042, patch the installer, or extract preloader so we could install it manually.

werndirish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK for this to work 0n my lu 64 do i have to install twilight hack and hbc before i add the lu64 fix and will this let me do emulation and backups usb and dvrs thats and im new so be gentle and is there a walk through for this here

werndirish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK after reading some more. it looks like i need twilight hack and hbc installed before the fix?if this is right is there any certain ver of the twilight hack i need or guide i need to use for lu64 ver 3.4?

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
Yes, you need the Homebrew Channel installed, and to be on Wii Menu 3.4 or lower.

Is this still true with the existence of banner bomb? Can you upgrade a LU64 Wii that's been upgraded to 4.0?

Banana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a wii with the serial LEF121+ that is a PAL wii with FW4.0 .. can I use this LU64 fix for that, because some people say the LEF may be the same as the LU64, and is the rev11 for USE only or is it region free?

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
collectedsoul said:
Any news on whether its okay to install the new cios rev14 and if bootmii works for those who have installed this fix?
yes on both.my wii is lu65 i have hbc,neogammar3,gcbauploader,preloader,bootmii.i even went and tried bootmii's restore feature as a ios and it works.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BootMii will work fine no matter what. It doesn't depend on what IOS's are in your system except during installation.

And anything past cIOSRev10 will run just fine.

TheLegendaryEssa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Softmii team, I recently bought a new Wii and it is serial number: LU65, I got it to downgrade to 3.2U (somehow) but it won't install any cIOS but I want it to be able to play backup discs.

Do you know or can make a file or wad that will fix Wii LU65 3.2, or some way I can play backup games without downloading a cIOS.

Thanks, Essa~

masamunecyrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
You are far from legendary. You can't even find newer topics than this age old crap. Read the stickies and don't ask anymore stupid questions.

NOT a necessary reply. Why even reply to an "age old crap" thread if you're going to flame and be unhelpful?

QUOTE(TheLegendaryEssa @ Jan 17 2010, 05:36 PM) Hello Softmii team, I recently bought a new Wii and it is serial number: LU65, I got it to downgrade to 3.2U (somehow) but it won't install any cIOS but I want it to be able to play backup discs.

Do you know or can make a file or wad that will fix Wii LU65 3.2, or some way I can play backup games without downloading a cIOS.

Thanks, Essa~
LU64+ Wiis could not downgrade before Wii version 4.0 do to some issue where the Wii would take a slightly longer time to call some file than in prior Wii's (more info can be found on Hackmii.com). This has been by and large fixed, and honestly, I wouldn't bother downgrading to 3.2U.

I would suggest using this guide to upgrade to 4.2U. It's a pretty simple guide, and it will get you up-to-date with everything you need. If you find that some WiiWare or Virtual Console games aren't working, you may need to update IOSes 53 and 55, as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...