Hacking LU64 fix for LU64+ USERS ONLY

remedyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, i don't have to wait for SoftMii 3.0 ?! BTW, when will it be available ? Because with it, i would have much more features, right ?

ko0pSTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah me my selft would like to know when is it ganna be out, am wating for the softmii 3.0 cant wait to see what its ganna bring i heard good things about it, and whats this drama goin on is that the team is falling apart lol am all cofuse cuz and noisy dont wanna sound homo cuz am not lol danmm am drunk thanks guys.

climo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed this on my friends LU64 tonight but when trying to load games it freezes. Everything installed successfully since it allows me to access the loader. Im using v1.1 of Wann's loader which uses rev9 could this be the problem? Was this fix intended on using a USB loader that is based on rev10 or above or should I be able to use and older one based on rev9?

I updated to 4.0U to see if that cured the problem but no...same freezing issue when loading games. We are using a WD passport HD which I know works ok since I use one also.

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
Yes, you need the Homebrew Channel installed, and to be on Wii Menu 3.4 or lower.
I'd love to know how it'd be lower.

And the link to the fix is in the first post.

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
Yes, you need the Homebrew Channel installed, and to be on Wii Menu 3.4 or lower.
I'd love to know how it'd be lower.

And the link to the fix is in the first post.

ko0pSTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
softmii on the LU64 thats gotta be a lie, but yet i my self would like to know what version of dvd or usb loader works best for this kinda wii's

russelcrowebar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skarface, thanks so much for this. However, I really need some help understanding..

I have installed the homebrew channel successfully on my LU64. Is it safe to install homebrew games and apps using homebrew launcher without running the files in the LU64 fix?

Next, if I want to launch backup games from DVD-r, what steps do I take? It sounds like I need to install the files in the LU64 fix and then install something like wiiGator... but I'm not sure. I'm kind of new to all of this.

Anyone who can guide me through this will get my sincere thanks
smile.gif

*edited for clairty*

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ko0pSTA said:
softmii on the LU64 thats gotta be a lie, but yet i my self would like to know what version of dvd or usb loader works best for this kinda wii's
There are a few LU64 wii's that work with normal softmod methods. Conversely, there are a few wii's with older serials that don't work without the LU64 fix.

russelcrowebar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to post in this thread so much, but I did want to report that I grew a pair and got it to work. Followed the steps exactly, even though I wasn't sure what they all meant. So chalk up another working LU64 wii.

However, I seriously do want to know what song is playing during the LU64 fix install. Does anyone know? I'm really into metal and that band sounds really good whoever they are.

ko0pSTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
ko0pSTA said:
There are a few LU64 wii's that work with normal softmod methods. Conversely, there are a few wii's with older serials that don't work without the LU64 fix.
i have the lu64 wii but i went fior the lu64 fix insted of trying to install the normal softmod how would i know if softmii works with mine i mean if i try it and its not compatible am ganna brik right ??

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skarface05 said:
Preloader will work on these wii's only once they are upgraded to 4.0 tho as preloader is not compatible with 3.4.

This fix will work for anyone on 4.0 as well who gets black screens on most homebrew provided you have hbc installed and upgraded to 4.0 from 3.4.

I tried to install preloader after upgrading to 4.0, but it wouldn't install due to an exploit not being present. Is there something I'm supposed to do before I install preloader? BTW, the USB Loader works and I can install any WAD file I choose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I thought PS4/5 and Xbox One emulation would be kind of easy since they basically just a PC
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    they sorta are a pc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not