Can't you read it to him?
wacko.gif

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Could someone from softmii please answer?

collectedsoul said:
@skarface05

If I go ahead and install this will there be any complications to installing softmii 3 later on? Also, any timeframe of when v3 will come out?

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Collected Soul - Yes you can install this and there will be no complications upgrading to softmii 3.0 once it is released.

The time frame for release is pending on waninkoko finishing a few things - watch this space
smile.gif

For anyone asking if you can upgrade to 4.0 - I know you can upgrade ninty style - This has been tested - If you get stuck with anything tho, pleae do not replace any of your ios with old ones or this could screw up your wii.

We will try to put a safe method to upgrade out this weekend - or at least the steps needed to do so.

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I downloaded to install this and its a network install!?
frown.gif

I don't have wifi. My wii feels so disconnected and left out...

I know an offline method of install was being tested...isn't that out of the pipes yet? Could really use it..

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
if its anything like previous build (may well not be) you will prob be able to use the 0000001 folder in the root with the proper files in it (like in wiigators profile here on gbatemp) and it should be able to in theory do this offline...Im sure with waninkoko and icefire involved alot of good will come of the newer releases in regard to upgrade/downgrade regardless of your feelings toward the project ect....Icefire and waninkoko are both very talented and the past releases by them offer faith even to those who are a bit "cautious" to the dev
wink.gif

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm, is there a new but unofficial cIOS release in this pack then?

if you wait for waninkoko's couldnt you install that, then upgrade and install cIOSCORP and stuff safely? i mean, then it would have all the same IOS' and such as any other wii?

also, i havent seen this dotted around, but is there a cIOS release that allows games access the second USB?

havent really read up about r10, because i heard that it causes unwanted side effects lol. so if anyone could clear that up, cheers
smile.gif

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
hmm, is there a new but unofficial cIOS release in this pack then?

if you wait for waninkoko's couldnt you install that, then upgrade and install cIOSCORP and stuff safely? i mean, then it would have all the same IOS' and such as any other wii?

also, i havent seen this dotted around, but is there a cIOS release that allows games access the second USB?

havent really read up about r10, because i heard that it causes unwanted side effects lol. so if anyone could clear that up, cheers
smile.gif
Its not unofficial. Waninkoko created it himself.

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would advise you not to install this on your non lu64 wii - this is for those wii's only.

With regards to changelog - see his site or previous threads on cios.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
its unbelievable that i can find every cIOS up to R9, then nothing!!

i think its a conspiracy, there wasnt really any changes to the cIOS and so there was never any changelog at all!!!

EDIT: on another topic about wadmanager 1.4 there is a link to most of waninkoko's releases, including cIOS_r10. basically it adds SDHC compatibility... why could no one just say that?? lol

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
rev 10 just fixed some minor issues with large drives crashing and to be honest did NOT work as well as rev 9 ....I have saw a few people who grabed rev 11 (was posted with softmii 2.9.5 i think about two days ago here on the forums) icefire can confirm this (i dont use the packs just cioscorps and the tweak toy itself so as a 3.2U owner i have no need for the whole shabang of untested extras and all that jazz lol) but i think he (icefire) indicated that it was indeed an official release as far as Rev11 goes? (waninkoko wrote that yeah?) but anyway we havent had any complaints on rev 11 at all so far so its AFAIK alot more stable that rev 10...

Conclusion: use Rev 9 its stable...if you MUST update...Use rev 11

Maybe icefire can tell us a bit more in regard to rev 11 please? (is it stable.. safe.. official.. ect)

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
vettacossx said:
rev 10 just fixed some minor issues with large drives crashing and to be honest did NOT work as well as rev 9 ....I have saw a few people who grabed rev 11 (was posted with softmii 2.9.5 i think about two days ago here on the forums) icefire can confirm this (i dont use the packs just cioscorps and the tweak toy itself so as a 3.2U owner i have no need for the whole shabang of untested extras and all that jazz lol) but i think he (icefire) indicated that it was indeed an official release as far as Rev11 goes? (waninkoko wrote that yeah?) but anyway we havent had any complaints on rev 11 at all so far so its AFAIK alot more stable that rev 10...

Conclusion: use Rev 9 its stable...if you MUST update...Use rev 11

Maybe icefire can tell us a bit more in regard to rev 11 please? (is it stable.. safe.. official.. ect)

yeah, i heard that 10 had issues, i havent been able to grasp what those issues were from anyone either XD thats why i stuck to r9. seems to work perfectly for me.

but the only thing that bugs me is the lack of USB Instruments on rock band 2 not working at the same time as a HDD to load games!! thats why i was asking about cIOS_r11, because it has that ability, but cant be used on a non LU64 XD crazy!

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Icefire does not speak for Softmii so you can't ask him if stuff we are providing is safe or whatever.

The info icefire has about this comes directly from me. The rev11 that was in the SoftMii pack 2.9.x - was only a beta version which should have been called something else really as it is not complete - it still has bugs hence us advising people not to use it.

SoftMii 3.0 will come with Rev11 - so please be patient - this is only for LU64 users.

If any of you want to know what rev11 does or will hold - waninkoko was/is in #softmii and gave a small changelog a few days ago to people in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: