Hardware Loud Disc noise???

kirokun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my wii since it's launch and recently my Wii has had this weird loud disc noise.

I'd sent it to Nintendo but my warranty is long expired and I kinda have it hacked with all these cool apps and other things.

I was wondering if there was a solution besides sending it to the Big N?

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a clicking type noise then it's probably an issue with the laser. Do you get disc read errors too?

You can replace the whole drive (relatively straight forward).
You can replace the laser (trickier).

Or the solution I went for... give up on discs and use USB.
smile.gif

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
is it noisy all the time/with all discs?

mine makes a werid noise when i have a gamecube multi disc backup in there or a out of region gamecube original. Its fine with original wii games tho. haven't used any other type of discs for a long while....

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you launching backups or real discs? The wii is especially noisy when reading backups. I would say that as long as its still reading whatever discs you're putting in to it, its not a problem. Dont replace the drive unless it stops reading discs altogether or just get an external hdd.

MisterMooth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My disc drive is really noisy, but only for backup discs. Normal games run quietly.

But it doesn't matter since I use a USB HDD now

kirokun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MisterMooth said:
My disc drive is really noisy, but only for backup discs. Normal games run quietly.

But it doesn't matter since I use a USB HDD now

Well I did a few tests and figured out what the problem was.

My problem is the opposite of yours, backups play quietly and commercials play loudly!
As for the noise it sounds like a buzzing sound real loud buzzing sound.

One more thing, I recently got the free demo of MH 3 from Gamestop the other day so I used the normal disc channel [since this is considered a commercial game] and I got the Error#2 BSOD... anyone know what is up with that? All my other commercial games work through the disc channel just fine [and yes they all make the same loud noise].

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them