Hacking Lost the microSD card and no SysNAND backup

Shinwoir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, so a while back, I believe at least 2 years ago, I installed Luma3DS using arm9loaderhax if I remember correctly
The thing is now, I lost the SD card which was used by the 3DS, and I can't find my backup.
When I try to turn it on, the blue light shows up then vanishes instantly.
Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Skirlez

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
EDIT:The guide does this. Nevermind, just go to https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Original reply:

Without a MicroSD Card, The 3DS Won't boot. You need another MicroSD Card.
Go to this link:https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v7.0.5/Luma3DSv7.0.5.7z
put arm9loaderhax on the ROOT of your MicroSD Card.
I'm pretty sure you merge the "3ds" folder inside the hax folder to your ROOT.
And then follow this if you still want hax:https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
I am probably wrong, i never used A9LH.
You can later backup your NAND.

Last edited by Skirlez,

Shinwoir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried doing this but when I power up my 3DS while pressing start the screen doesn't turn on. I doubled checked, my sdcard is in FAT32 and all the files are there.

Shinwoir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am on the latest version of luma3ds, and on the guide it is written to press start. Will try with select though I am almost sure I already did

Envoyé de mon SM-A530F en utilisant Tapatalk

Shinwoir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already put all the files in my new microSD, and now I am trying to turn on my 3DS with that microSD card. So I guess 1st step after preparation.
I'll send a screenshot later though I made sure I put every file correctly

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I am on the latest version of luma3ds, and on the guide it is written to press start. Will try with select though I am almost sure I already did

The latest version of Luma will not work with A9LH. You need to use 7.0.5 as @Skirlez said. If it doesn't work, and you definitely have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card, there must be something wrong with your SD card or the SD reader of your console.

Shinwoir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The latest version of Luma will not work with A9LH. You need to use 7.0.5 as @Skirlez said. If it doesn't work, and you definitely have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card, there must be something wrong with your SD card or the SD reader of your console.
I used the arm9loaderhax.bin provided in that version of luma as specified in the guide and it still doesn't work. It is possible my 3ds has a problem, where do you think I could get it fixed?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I used the arm9loaderhax.bin provided in that version of luma as specified in the guide and it still doesn't work. It is possible my 3ds has a problem, where do you think I could get it fixed?

If you're sure you have A9LH and not B9S, there's probably a problem with your SD card. Try formatting it then trying again, if no dice, try testing it by following https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)

asterios2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Same happens here, I have exactly the same problem. Can it be a hardware fault for example ribbons, or screen malfunction or any shortcuts?

asterios2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have also tries all the above steps...but no luck! The device without SD card switches on and off almost immediately (power led fades is and then fades out)
With SD card: Power led fades is ...stays for 4-5 secs and then fades out (no matter if the sd card has the correct files as the guide shows or not)
Could that be a hardware issue??? Is there something else we can check?
I want also to mention that i don't know whether the device was even on CFW (bought it on yard sale).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have also tries all the above steps...but no luck! The device without SD card switches on and off almost immediately (power led fades is and then fades out)
With SD card: Power led fades is ...stays for 4-5 secs and then fades out (no matter if the sd card has the correct files as the guide shows or not)
Could that be a hardware issue??? Is there something else we can check?
I want also to mention that i don't know whether the device was even on CFW (bought it on yard sale).
Try the following files on the root of your SD card:
  1. Arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5 (if this works you have A9LH)
  2. Boot.firm from Luma 7.1 (if this works you have the first version of B9S)
  3. Boot.firm from the latest Luma (if this works you have a later version of B9S)
One of these must work. If none work you have a faulty SD card or faulty SD reader in the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.