Hacking Lost my savefiles...or did I?

Pienkaito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I made a full copy of my SD card and tried to downgrade my o3DS. I succeeded and even unlinked the emuNAND from the sysNAND and all. But now I tried to transfer my saves over to the emunand and this happens. The amount of slots are totally my savefiles, but it can't read them anymore.
Any help?

Attachments

• 2016-01-12_10.04.34[1].jpg
    2016-01-12_10.04.34[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 270

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I made a full copy of my SD card and tried to downgrade my o3DS. I succeeded and even unlinked the emuNAND from the sysNAND and all. But now I tried to transfer my saves over to the emunand and this happens. The amount of slots are totally my savefiles, but it can't read them anymore.
Any help?
Delete the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and copy it over again from the backup. It should solve your issue. That is assuming you formatted your sysNAND and not your emuNAND when you unlinked, in which case your saves will still work on your sysNAND and you can dump them with svdt.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Pienkaito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Delete the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and copy it over again from the backup. It should solve your issue. That is assuming you formatted your sysNAND and not your emuNAND when you unlinked, in which case your saves will still work on your sysNAND and you can dump them with svdt.

I tried that, but nothing appeared on the Extra Data menu.

EDIT: I re-read your answer and I just noticed something. I can't even copy my saves to the sysNAND after the format. It won't accept them.

Last edited by Pienkaito,

Pienkaito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Did some further investigation and I noticed that the new folder after the format and my backup before the format are different.
Does this mean that there's some sort of ID?

Simply renaming that folder doesn't help. It lists all my saves as "?".

Pienkaito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Okay, I got the solution.

Before I did my CFW install attempt, I made a backup of my sysNAND and saved it to my PC. Since I wasn't sure which NAND I should format, I formated both. Thus I changed some kind of key on both of my NANDs and so none matches my SD card backup.

In order to fix that, get EmuNAND9, put your sysNAND (File: nand.bin) into the EmuNAND9 folder and start EmuNAND9. Go to "EmuNAND Manager Options " and start "Clone NAND.bin to EmuNAND".
Your old sysNAND is now your emunand and it will accept your old savefiles.

Reactions: pokemonazul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: