Lost memory on Fire Card

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by stewdent, Mar 3, 2008.

Mar 3, 2008

Lost memory on Fire Card by stewdent at 8:50 PM (679 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. stewdent
    OP

Newcomer stewdent Newbie

United Kingdom
    Folks, can anyone help?
    I recently bought a 16Gb fire card for my daughter's DS, I started loading up some apps when I got a memory error (sorry, can't remember the details). I left it while I did some digging to find a fix but in the meantime my daughter tried it, got the error & asked windows to fix the problem. The card now only shows 2Gb free space - the amount of space used before it was "fixed".
    I tried a full format, quick format, ran the NAND_ALL.bat file but I can still only see 2Gb.

Is there any way to recover the lost space?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

stewdent

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You're probably confusing bits and bytes. The Firecard is 16 gigabits which translates into 2 gigabytes because there are 8 bits per byte.

Unless you're saying you're only seeing 2 Gb of free space, which is actually 256 MB?

3. stewdent
    OP

Newcomer stewdent Newbie

United Kingdom
    Dan, I think that you're hit on the problem. I assumed that the 16G card was 16 GB wheras it's actually 16 Gb, which translated to about 2 GB I believe. Seening only 2GB I thought that Windows had damaged the card whilst it was trying to fix it.

I can see about 2GB on the card, which is what I should be seeing, I think.

No problem with the card, just with the dumb user....

Never mind, many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

stewdent