Lost Magic (WTF?)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by maxxpower18, May 30, 2010.

May 30, 2010

Lost Magic (WTF?) by maxxpower18 at 9:17 PM (1,177 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. maxxpower18
    OP

Newcomer maxxpower18 Member

United States
    Ok so this game flew completely under my radar, actually I had actually downloaded it just for the heck of it but never played it. So I put it in my card yesterday and started playing it, and I must say, this game is a TON of fun, I can't believe I didn't play this game before, I'm hooked.

Anyone else really like this game too? Anybody still playing online?

2. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    It was one of my first DS experiences, I was immediately sold.
    Just such a basic but so addictive experience. Other games with that property are Freedom Wings, Custom Robo Arena and Children of Mana. Incredibly addictive!

3. Njrg

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    It was one of my 1sts. I remember it was announced for America in January after MarioKart's release.

This was very early in the start of DS wifi so there were very few games.

We had MarioKart, TonyHawk, and Animal Crossing.

Lost Magic was the 4th so it was HIGH on my radar, and soon followed Metroid Prim another HIGH on my radar. I was snatching up Wifi games left-and right. I had wifi fever one would say. If it was an online game, I just had to have it.

Anyways Lost Magic as a whole really isn't too impressive, it was only shortly fun, and a terrible storyline. Mixing Magic was fun, and so were a few online battles.

Even when the game 1st came out, finding an opponent was a bitch. I'd hate to know how long it'd take me these days to find someone to play with.

4. Fel

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    I've played it for several hours, however I did get bored after a while because the storyline truthfully seemed more stereotypical/unengaging than I would have hoped it would be.

I just...kind of didn't dig the game, I would like much more innovation and creative use of the stylus.

But
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

5. maxxpower18
    OP

Newcomer maxxpower18 Member

United States
    Agree. After the first scene I could pretty much already tell what the story was gonna be about, and honestly I just skipped the story parts until I got into battle, which was fun.

6. The Only Me

Newcomer The Only Me Newbie

United States
    Yeah, that game was one of my first, and still is one of my favorites. Even though the story may not have been superb, I eventually played hard mode around 10 times I believe. (Well I had cheats at first [​IMG] )

7. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    Lost Magic along with Battle Network 5 Double Team, was my first DS games, and i bought those like before i bought my DSL. After that it was DAwn of Sorrow!

Anyway, Lost Magic is a blast if you got someone to play with\against. Me and my friend both grabbed Battlenetwork and Lost Magic, when we got our DS'es. Lost magic was fun for along time, but nowadays not so much. xD

8. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    I honestly really didn't like Lost Magic.

9. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    In all honesty, the screenshots I saw had such horrible graphics that I won't even touch the game anymore than that.