Hacking Lost health and safety app?

DanielC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes, just restore your 9.2 NAND, set up menuhax, then set up Luma3DS and you're good to go (Luma boots into EmuNand by default)

(For the record, if you have hs.app from earlier before you undid the process, you can actually just re-inject FBI_with_banner.app and it'll give you back FBI on SysNand... But restoring 9.2 is way easier honestly)

I'm willing to try following the new CFW guide again, but how do I get all of my games and saves back? Because they weren't there when I actually managed to boot into RedNAND from Luma3DS.

This isn't ideal because menuhax only worked 75% of the time...and Luma3DS rarely gave me anything other than a black screen...the DS profile exploit I had worked 100% of the time.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to try following the new CFW guide again, but how do I get all of my games and saves back? Because they weren't there when I actually managed to boot into RedNAND from Luma3DS.

This isn't ideal because menuhax only worked 75% of the time...and Luma3DS rarely gave me anything other than a black screen...the DS profile exploit I had worked 100% of the time.
Do you have a backup of your /Nintendo 3DS/ folder with all your games on it? You should try putting that back on your SD card (replacing your current one, if you're sure you have a backup of it)

Unless you formatted your EmuNand at some point. In which that case, you should find the NAND.bin which contains your very original NAND ID so it reads from the proper folder within /Nintendo 3DS/, where all your games/stuff are. Chances are the oldest NAND.bin from either SysNand (before you formatted it with TinyFormat) or EmuNand contain the correct NAND ID. Flashing either of those to EmuNand with EmuNand9 (and then updating your emunand to 10.7 through system settings) should work just fine.

That, or you're actually booting into SysNand, and not EmuNand.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

DanielC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a backup of your /Nintendo 3DS/ folder with all your games on it? You should try putting that back on your SD card (replacing your current one, if you're sure you have a backup of it)

Unless you formatted your EmuNand at some point. In which that case, you should find the NAND.bin which contains your very original NAND ID so it reads from the proper folder within /Nintendo 3DS/, where all your games/stuff are.

That, or you're actually booting into SysNand, and not EmuNand.

I think maybe I needed to rename the folder then. I'll try restoring this 9.2 NAND and following the guide again at some point, or maybe waiting for an easier method to be developed. I can't be bothered doing it now because I've been messing around with this all day :rofl:

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think maybe I needed to rename the folder then. I'll try restoring this 9.2 NAND and following the guide again at some point, or maybe waiting for an easier method to be developed. I can't be bothered doing it now because I've been messing around with this all day :rofl:
I think what you should do is:
- Restore 9.2 NAND
- Rename your Nintendo 3DS folder on root. Let your SysNand home menu create a new one.
- Take out your SD card and take note that the name of the folder inside of SD:/Nintendo 3DS/ is your SysNand's NAND ID where all your games are. Put it in a TXT or something.
- Change your home menu theme to No Theme even if it already is.
- Set up Menuhax through 9.2 browserhax
- Set up Luma3DS and launch it using menuhax
- Let your EmuNand home menu generate another folder in /Nintendo 3DS/. Check the name of that folder, then see if it matches the largest folder you have inside your old/backed up /Nintendo 3DS/ folder.

Let me know the results and/or if you are having trouble with one of these steps!

DanielC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what you should do is:
- Restore 9.2 NAND
- Rename your Nintendo 3DS folder on root. Let your SysNand home menu create a new one.
- Take out your SD card and take note that the name of the folder inside of SD:/Nintendo 3DS/ is your SysNand's NAND ID where all your games are. Put it in a TXT or something.
- Change your home menu theme to No Theme even if it already is.
- Set up Menuhax through 9.2 browserhax
- Set up Luma3DS and launch it using menuhax
- Let your EmuNand home menu generate another folder in /Nintendo 3DS/. Check the name of that folder, then see if it matches the largest folder you have inside your old/backed up /Nintendo 3DS/ folder.

Let me know the results and/or if you are having trouble with one of these steps!

Setting up Luma3DS is the bad part... It worked fine for me once and every other time it just gave me a black screen. I might wait for updated methods. Thanks for your help.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Setting up Luma3DS is the bad part... It worked fine for me once and every other time it just gave me a black screen. I might wait for updated methods. Thanks for your help.
Please don't give up! You should try deleting your current /luma/ folder and replace it with a fresh one.

DanielC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to hear that! Feel free to message me if you ever have problems/concerns about that section!

So when I finish the guide, does it no longer use menuhax or Luma3DS because I'm apprehensive about relying on these methods that haven't worked for me 100% so far.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I finish the guide, does it no longer use menuhax or Luma3DS because I'm apprehensive about relying on these methods that haven't worked for me 100% so far.
Luma3ds is reliable and will be used, or you can use Cakes or Reinand, which probably aren't recommended for new users. Menuhax is the reason why you occasionally crash, and once you finish the setup you will have a 100% consistent boot rate thanks to A9LH!

YummyWatermelon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I'm having the same kind of issue. The h&s app doesn't show on my homescreen at all.
That being said, I can still dump it and inject FBI in it. But even after formatting via tinyformat, I still don't have access to the h&s app (fbi). Any workaround?

EDIT: In the end I got it working with a different version of FBI, but now it throws an error on launch and I have to reboot my device.

Last edited by YummyWatermelon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...