Hacking Lost an important save game with sky3ds, how to avoid this to rehappen? (now on rxtools cfw)

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a Fantasy Live save game of over 50 hours on my sky3ds, i quite surely made a backup in october while the savegame was still working properly, using diskwrite and creating a saves.bks file.
After making the switch to 9.2 and being able to use cfw and formatting nand multiple times i noticed that some of the savegames of my sky3ds were gone. Some were still there (recent ones) some lost, that did not bother me much, but, the Fantasy Life savegame really bothered me, i tried to recover from my backup, some did appear, but the important one was not there.

1st question: is there a tool that can read .bks files accurately to find out what savegames are on this file?

2nd question: now that im on my internal sd, with cfw rxtools 10.3 how can i backup all my saves to keep on my pc in the event of data loss? Do i have to manually look for each .sav files from the folders with windows explorer? or is there a tool that gathers all of the savegames from any game,emulator etc... into one file?

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
This isn't a problem with the Sky3DS, Fantasy Life saves all it's data to the SD, the save isn't on the Sky3DS at all so backing up the saves via diskwriter will do nothing, it saves like an eshop game, there was a backlash about it as it meant your save is tied to the console regardless of what version you owned, physical or digital.

The save was lost at some point during the process of you setting up the CFW and nand formats.

Last edited by G25900,

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I also made a Nand backup before it all and also transfered all that was on my sd to my pc, right now i'm trying to find out in what 00040000 sub folder might contain the right save data for fantasy life.

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found the folder 00001132 that is supposed to contain the right data but when i start the game it says extra data corrupted and it formats it

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, you can't just copy the save over, you said you formatted nand multiple times, does this include your current emunand? If none of your nands are the same as the original nand it won't work, To get it back you'd have to try and setup the nand the save was originally created on and use a save manager to back up the save.

I found out about this in the opposite way to you, I was doing something with Sky3DS and all my saves somehow got erased except for fantasy life, luckily I had just made a backup of the other saves so nothing was lost. My emunand is a copy of my original nand and I only formatted my system nand to unlink them so the save still works.

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
It would appear so, this is the kind of reason why saving everything to extra data is a ridiculous idea, even a user who is using their console as intended could still run in to this kind of problem.

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I created a new Savegame, i think I might as well cheat away to save some time, what do I do?

I have FLsavetool in the 3DS folder for homebrew and FantasyLifeEditor_1.03b36 on my pc, what file or folder goes where?
Please don't miss a step.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative