Hacking Lopst Snes9x error message

pdarkness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just have a problem getting the Lopst Snes9x 1.43 emulator to work (the one in spanish), hope you can help me. I installed the TP hack, and installed the homebrew channel which work fine. On my SD card the emulator is under the name boot.elf and is in the root directory. The setup of the SD card is as follows:

ROOT:
snes9x/ (have tried 'roms' and 'snes9xroms')
roms/
All my roms are in this folder.

I can start up the emulator fine (using the homebrew channel) and I can get into the options fine, however when I try to load the roms from the SD card, I get a black screen with lots of crazy numbers (800ce080 etc.).

Are there any extra files I need on the SD card (.elf etc), or is there something wrong with the directory structure?. I also get the same error with the english Snes9x 1.43 (the one w/o classic cont and 2 player support.

Hope you can help, thanks.

pdarkness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I have tried the following dir structures: roms/, snes9xroms/roms/ and snes9x/roms/ and still nothing. The Lopst emulator only has the option of: read from SD, read from GC mem slot A and read from GC mem slot B.

Sottle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's the error message.

21042008026.jpg

I've tried roms in /roms and in /snes9x/roms, both zipped and unzipped in both locations, i've also tried three different emus. The original wiimote support one, the one spanish one with classic support and an older GC pad only one with Front SD loading, all the same.

pdarkness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have exactly the same prob as sottle (thanks for the screen, is hard to describe!). However I just got it working (sort of). Instead of loading the emu from the homebrew channel, I loaded it directly from the TP hack and it worked. Pain in the ass, though, to keep having to load zelda everytime.

Another problem has come up, dont know if its fixable or a bug with the emu. Whenever I try to do 2 player mode its screwey; after connecting the 2nd remote from the emu menu and starting up a 2 player game, one of the remotes don't work and the other controls both players at the same time. Pretty weird.

Thanks for all your help.

Sottle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did that solve the problem? Because it's still the same for me, confirmed that running the Emu straight through the Twilight hack works as you said, even tried deleting and re-installing the Homebrew Channel to no avail.

NL_Patrick_D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
in my root created :

snes9x/roms
snes9x/saves

I use this using the homebrew channel (no limit version)
it boots and works like a charm.

So sweet to finally be able to play snes games using my classic controllers

Still looking how to change the lang
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker