Hacking Loose G6 Lite case

ds6220

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just yesterday I began having problems with the USB reader actually reading the G6 Lite. The blue light would come on for a little bit and then go out. I wound that it would come back on when I pressed on it and I could get it to stay on after playing with it for a little while. I looked closer and saw that the case was starting to get a little loose. Tightening the screw simply striped the plastic inside so I changed the case with the teal one that came with the set and it seems to be better. My question is, has anyone run into this yet? To be fair, I have been very hard on mine since I got it. I have tested over 200 games in it to see what Japanese games I could play and that may have been more wear and tear than it is designed to take, but still I was a bit surprised.
blink.gif

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never happened to me, the thing in qrayzie's review when he says it seems to pop out or wahtever happened to me once but i just push it back together and that's it. The only bad thing that's every happened to my g6 lite so far is that it had tons of scratchmarks from being too tight in the ds lite. However my friend has the transparent plastic version of g6 lite (2nd chinese edition) and his seems to fit much better.

English probably has it the best.

dirtycarrot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mine is getting loose now - I am investigating how difficult it will be to replace the original dust cover internals with the G6L internals, as the dustcover is way more sturdy.

UScr00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same thing happened to me. My white case is basically unusable because of the screw stripping/loose problem. I emailed Hopebuy about a replacement case and they basically laughed at me.

I'm using teal now. It's slightly loose but I have no performance problems.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, my white case is a little loose too. I guess that's the problem when something is connected with just one screw. If there were a couple of screws lower down it might be better.

It's not really a problem if I keep it in the DS, it's just when I plug it into the USB reader that I notice the case flexing.

Quay Cur

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.happynessplanet.com
XP
Country
United States
Mine is getting loose now - I am investigating how difficult it will be to replace the original dust cover internals with the G6L internals, as the dustcover is way more sturdy.
Take a look at this. While I wouldn't have used a chisel, this shows you can do it. If Divineo US ever gets off their lazy ass and ships mine, I plan to do this, too. Except I'll be using a dremel grinder.

whimmapotamus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Deaddy is on the right track.

Use a *small* drop of crazy glue (also called CA or Cyanoacrylate) in the screw-hole... you can use a pin to put a tiny drop in -- but not a toothpick or anything wood, or it will suck up the glue. Then slowly turn the screw back in and you should feel it tighten up. As the glue dries, it grabs on the screw hole and the screw threads. Use another drop if needed. This way you dont have to glue the case itself.

I fly small RC airplanes and I use this technique on small plastic bits all the time when threads give way and stuff gets loose. If you have to, you can unscrew it with a bit of force and the glue breaks, letting you take the screw out.

good luck

ds6220

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some good suggestions here. i guess if I blow through the 3 colors that were sent I may try the crazy glue sollution or maybe modding the dust cover. I don't really want to buy a special screwdriver though, any recomendations on how to get the odd screw out of the dust cover?
yaynds.gif

Quay Cur

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.happynessplanet.com
XP
Country
United States
some good suggestions here. i guess if I blow through the 3 colors that were sent I may try the crazy glue sollution or maybe modding the dust cover. I don't really want to buy a special screwdriver though, any recomendations on how to get the odd screw out of the dust cover?
yaynds.gif
Triwing screwdrivers are pretty cheap. But, you can use the corner of a very very small flat head screwdriver. Just be careful with that, you can very easily strip out the head of the screw, in which case you will be, dare I say it, screwed. You can also buy replacement dust covers from Nintedo. Go here and click on the DS Lite section. It's right on the next page and costs a mere $3. Good and cheap insurance if you think you might botch it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc