Loooking for something specific

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by LuOmeoga, Aug 29, 2008.

1. LuOmeoga
    OP

LuOmeoga GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    I'm looking for a Slot 2 flashcart that has a MicroSD slot on it, the "best" one. And as the description says, not the 3 in 1.

EDIT: Must be accessible with the CycloDS

2. Sticks

Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    I can only think of two - EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe or M3 Lite Perfect. Though they both have their own GUI/Loader.

3. PizzaPasta

PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

Jan 2, 2008
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    Well, if you have a slot-2 with an SD slot you can run it independently from the Cyclo. Something like a 3in1 or an Ewin Expansion Pak is really only for use with a slot 1 card.

The best is the M3 Lite but that's really expensive. So it really all depends on what you're willing to spend and what features you want.

Check out these carts:

http://www.realhotstuff.com/lite-stock-p-100.html

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11179

or the lite version

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11178

4. lurbi

lurbi GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    Australia
    Austria
    ATTENTION ... this is the lite compact not deluxe.
    It is very stripped down in the GBA area.

5. LuOmeoga
    OP

LuOmeoga GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    So the EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe is better?

6. kevenka

kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    United States
    Texas
    sigh...just get the 3-in-1. its cheap and works just like the ez IV. Otherwise, get the m3 perfect but that is stupid b/c you are shilling over 60 dollars more for Real time clock. If you are rich, get the perfect, if not... the 3-in-1 should suffice. The only real dif between the 3 in 1 and ez lite IV is the IV has an expandable memory. I think you might even have to patch the gba games in the ez lite IV while the ez 3 in 1 doesn't. Just food for thought.

7. LuOmeoga
    OP

LuOmeoga GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    Sigh, I understand that the 3 in 1 is the "preferred" Slot 2 device but I just want something different. Just think of me as a rebel. =)
    Thanks so much for the suggestion though, I appreciate it.

8. kevenka

kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    United States
    Texas
    I looked into this thing months ago...I don't think it is a gross exageration. Most people I spoke to preferred the EZ IV mainly b/c of the expandable memory. Other than that, they wouldve chosen the EZ 3 in 1. You look like you have a lot of post but if you did look into it... my points are pretty valid. If he wants to get the EZ IV, go ahead. I was just trying to save him some cash to get something just as good for a cheaper price.

9. LuOmeoga
    OP

LuOmeoga GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    And that's what I kind of wanted in the first place a stand alone Slot 2 cart that I can store all my GB, GBC, and GBA games.

10. LuOmeoga
    OP

LuOmeoga GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    Bumping if there are any other opinions. And thanks to all of you who have answered. =D

11. ShiningSaber

ShiningSaber Tiger

Aug 3, 2008
    United States
    Clemson, South Carolina
    You won't find a slot 2 that plays GBC games, as the processor isn't available in the DS, and in the GBA the cartridge won't hit the "trigger".

12. Chrono_Tata

Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    Thailand
    Why do you want to store GBC and GB games in Slot-2? You can get Slot-1 emulators for that.