Looking to my my Gamecube

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by Predator04, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Predator04
    OP

Predator04 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2007
    United States
    Just got a gamecube and was wonder were i should go to get the modchip and stuff that i would need to mod it. ive looked for the top half of the gc to find one that will allow me to play full size dvds without spending $50 for the full replacment case. also what programs would i need? ive been searching but just cant seem to find alot of information on the subject that's rather new. i would had to get old stuff.

2. Davess

Davess On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)

Mar 15, 2009
    Canada
    __________________ Posts: 9326
  3. Predator04
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2007
    United States
    yea thats the one i was looking at. what else would i need? dont need to program or anything?can you find one thats in stock? all the places show out of stock

4. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Well, you need to either butcher the top of the Gamecube so it'll fit standard DVD-sized discs or buy a new case for it. Either one works although obvious the butchering option will look quite ugly unless you're some professional.

I would just suggest, if you have a Wii, using a backup launcher on that in the end.

5. Predator04
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2007
    United States
    i do have a wii thats modded but thats not what i want to use to run the game i want to use the gamecube. but do you know a place were they have the modchip or case in stock?

6. Danny Tanner

Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2009
    United States
    New York
    A bit late, but here.

7. Predator04
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2007
    United States
    thansk for the reply i got it for $19 at https://www.modsupplier.com

Do you happen to have a link for the moded case to play dvds? if possible i would like one just for the tap part not a whole case.