Lucky Dearly

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey all, I've had my switch since December 2017 and I was looking into getting CFW going on it. Are there any exploits out there that doesn't require using a paper clip to short out pin 10 on the right Joycon rail?

SANICspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
That would be ur best option if your switch isnt ipatched(check that first by serialnumber). Yet I recomment to buy a rcm jig (starting from ~dollar at ebay) + payloadinjector / android app. depending on the software version ur on there are coldboot exploits (deja vu for ipatched units at 4.1.0 and below) and warmboot exploits at 1.0.0 but if you upgraded, lets say past 4.1.0 afaik ur best option is the rcm one with fusee primary or hekate.

D

Deleted User

last I checked my firmware is at 8.1.0. And I did check the serial for my switch and it's in the safe zone
Then you can hack it, for CFW if your interest is general homebrew i recommend Atmosphere. For backups and such your best bet is SX OS. Use Hekate for the payload, default hekate isn't configured though. When you boot into Hekate make a NAND backup.

Lucky Dearly

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then you can hack it, for CFW if your interest is general homebrew i recommend Atmosphere. For backups and such your best bet is SX OS. Use Hekate for the payload, default hekate isn't configured though. When you boot into Hekate make a NAND backup.

I'll keep that in mind, I think I got the space for that with my 15GB micro SD card I have in it already.

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if you are on 4.1.0 or lower. Otherwise you are out of luck for quite some time.

Ignore this guy ^, clearly has no clue what he's talking about.

Your switch was made before June 2018 so it's not going to be patched, you can use rcm payload on any firmware version.

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Answering what you asked. If you are on 8.1.0 the you'll need a paper clip and a payload injector. Thats the only way you can get CFW.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Ignore this guy ^, clearly has no clue what he's talking about.

Your switch was made before June 2018 so it's not going to be patched, you can use rcm payload on any firmware version.
Learn to read.

Are there any exploits out there that doesn't require using a paper clip to short out pin 10 on the right Joycon rail?

Reactions: SANICspeed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol