Looking to mod my Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Lucky Dearly, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Lucky Dearly
    OP

Lucky Dearly GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
    hey all, I've had my switch since December 2017 and I was looking into getting CFW going on it. Are there any exploits out there that doesn't require using a paper clip to short out pin 10 on the right Joycon rail?

2. SANICspeed

SANICspeed Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2019
    Austria
    That would be ur best option if your switch isnt ipatched(check that first by serialnumber). Yet I recomment to buy a rcm jig (starting from ~dollar at ebay) + payloadinjector / android app. depending on the software version ur on there are coldboot exploits (deja vu for ipatched units at 4.1.0 and below) and warmboot exploits at 1.0.0 but if you upgraded, lets say past 4.1.0 afaik ur best option is the rcm one with fusee primary or hekate.

3. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Only if you are on 4.1.0 or lower. Otherwise you are out of luck for quite some time.

4. Lucky Dearly
    OP

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
    last I checked my firmware is at 8.1.0. And I did check the serial for my switch and it's in the safe zone

5. ScrPotato

ScrPotato GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    Then you can hack it, for CFW if your interest is general homebrew i recommend Atmosphere. For backups and such your best bet is SX OS. Use Hekate for the payload, default hekate isn't configured though. When you boot into Hekate make a NAND backup.

6. Lucky Dearly
    OP

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
    I'll keep that in mind, I think I got the space for that with my 15GB micro SD card I have in it already.

7. designgears

designgears GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    Ignore this guy ^, clearly has no clue what he's talking about.

Your switch was made before June 2018 so it's not going to be patched, you can use rcm payload on any firmware version.

8. jajamundo

jajamundo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    Answering what you asked. If you are on 8.1.0 the you'll need a paper clip and a payload injector. Thats the only way you can get CFW.

9. mrcroket

mrcroket Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2018
    Spain
    If you do that, be sure to enable autorcm in hekate, then you won't need to use the paper clip again.

10. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Learn to read.

SANICspeed likes this.
  11. Lucky Dearly
    OP

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
    just one more question, what usb a to usb c cord should I get for my switch?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted