PS1/2 Looking to buy a PS3

Danny600kill

xD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well at the end of this month I'm thinking of buying a PS3, I'm a 360 owner at the moment and so don't really have much experience with the PS3 ( Except playing at family, friends ect )

So I'm looking for cheap and I've heard that you can upgrade the HDD with a 2.5 SATA HDD so first is this true, second what is the max size and thirdly is this true with all models because if it is wont be paying much attention to the memory it come with eg 120gb

So what are the advantages and disadvantages of the Slim and Phat, I heard that Linux has just been removed from the Phat but this won't be affecting me as I wouldn't use it anyway so don't mention this.

I like the fact that the 60gb model can play PS2 games ( Don't understand why Sony discontinued this ) but I can see that these models will be rarer and so may be more expensive.

If anyone could point me to some good deals or tell me the going prices of these machines ( New or Preowned as long as in good condition and includes Controller/s and Wires ) I don't mind buying of the internet and Ebay ect and I live in England so please only English ( Pal ) machines.

Thanks guys

P.S My budget isn't very high and so don't be showing me hugely priced brand new consoles with millons of games, I'd like the console as cheap as possible so that I can spend some money on some of the PS3 exclusives ( As I will be keeping my 360 and will be buying most multi platform games on this as I share this with my brother )

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have both (60 GB old)(120GB new)
k first off yeah all console versions (fat, slim) have removable and replacable harddrives

the old (60GB) phats can play ps2 games other than that no real advantages
the newer models are smaller lighter and i just thing better :3

oh and i think that the ps2 compatability was removed due to cost and maybe sony was worried about "security issues". that was back then though now its just another reason to hate sonys evil ways e___e

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a comparison guide

I can't really help with deals but look at bundle deals you can get, you can get some pretty sweet deals (check out uk hot deals). Also if you know someone who can get it cheaper than teh RRP via some sort of staff discount. I got my 80 gb PS3, Fifa 09, motorstorm pacific rift and an a second controller for £260 becasue of this.

I'd reccomend getting it new considering it is hardware after all.

When it comes to exclusives I liked, Disgaea 3, Little Big planet, motorstorm and Ratchet and Clank. Other exclusives whihc are meant to be good are MAG, God of War 3 and Valkye Chronicles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ @Psionic Roshambo