What you have downloaded are different versions of the "Kernel". This does not
change what game the flashcart tries to spoof. This needs a flashcart firmware update. The "An error has occured" message just means: "Flashcart blocked by the DSi
". The kernel you put on the micro-SD is not even loaded because of the blocking.
The following options come to my mind:
1. Install unlaunch: https://dsi.cfw.guide/
2. Replace your R4 with a newer one: [nds-card.com] R4i Gold 3DS Plus
This disables the whitelist and signature checks and could possibly get your R4 usable (at least it worked with an AceKard 2i for me – which is blocked by 1.4.5). If you only want to get the flashcart working you can stop following the guide after installing unlaunch. But installing HiyaCFW and TWiLight Menu++ is a good alternative to a flashcart. Even if you do not want to use Hiya/TWilight please do not skip the NAND-backup step before installing unlaunch.
unlaunch does some non-optional(!)
patches to the System Menu not everybody likes:
- No "Health and Safety Warning" screen
- No music and no sound in System Menu
3. Update the flashcart firmware:
View attachment 176554
- A flashcart might brick if flashed with the wrong or bad image or if anything goes wrong.
- You would need another DS system which allows booting the flashcart in it's current state (DS-Lite|Phat or 3DS with custom firmware) to update the firmware.
- I have downloaded the file under R4i fw update for 3DS 2.1 on the r4ultra homepage and got this comment showing in my archive manager (so maybe it works for 1.4.3E – but do not update the DSi!):
For reference because @JaapDaniels
mentioned this to be an AceKard clone: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader
I have no idea if flashing an official Acekard 2i update (which go up to 1.4.4) would brick the cart and I personally would only try the one from r4ultra.com