ROM Hack Homebrew game Looking for someone expert in ROM hacking/patching

ilovespaghetti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
So, there is a problem that affects everyone using the GTS on Pokemon Games (mainly Gen7). It is more harmful than the classic "deposit-spam" that leads you to a temp ban, it basically freeze the whole game because the avatar of the 3d model is glitched out with some action replay codes, and the deposited pokemon is glitched as well.
It is someone from Japan doing this thing, you can try it yourself, just search for Necrozma/Victrebeel, or other mons on gts.

What I am looking for, is someone able to perma-overwrite the avatar on EVERY gts deposit, in order to avoid the freeze when browsing through the GTS. Like a dummy/default Avatar on every entry in the GTS.

Of course I can pay for the job. Let me know if someone has a solution, it would be great!
Thanks, have a nice day!

Last edited by ilovespaghetti,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you're saying someone in Japan is using Action Replay codes to glitch 3D models? Is this a new problem? I expect Nintendo might be moved to act.

Regardless, there is not a great deal of discussion of Pokemon hacking around here and with the games being as popular as they are, I would be very surprised if there wasn't already someone elsewhere hard at work on the problem.

Also I do not know why you are posting about 3DS games in the DS subforum.

ilovespaghetti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Messing around on GTS with Action Replay codes is definitely nothing new, but this exploit is kinda tricky compared to the classic ones, and we all know Nintendo won't do anything about it.

There is indeed someone working on it, since it's something kidna new, but it's RAM side, I was looking for something permanent, like as I said, a permanent overwrite of the default 3d model displayed on the GTS entries. A "patched" rom, something like that.

About the subforum, my bad, you can move it to the proper section, my sincere apologies.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Moved to 3ds ROM hacking section as it is a 3ds affair.

Interesting. Active* attacks against other users is not so commonly seen (Mario Kart Wii and Dreamcast Phantasy Star Online PK and CK being two of the more notable before this), though I suppose there is usually not much scope for it.

*though I suppose that is an assumption and we might be dealing with the whole never malice what is adequately incompetence...

Anyway sounds like you have the idea of it -- if someone is writing corrupt data you in turn overwrite it with banal but valid data. Need then to find a tell that the data is ready to be written (some value or series of values in RAM that is always and only present during the vulnerable phase you can then trigger a further cheat to do the overwrite) and overwrite accordingly.

That or a way to fix the save after the fact.

Payment for ROM hacks and cheats is a dubious field and usually discouraged.

Reactions: ilovespaghetti

ilovespaghetti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Yes that's basically the concept, the RAM overwriting at the exact moment works, but I was wondering if I (we/you) could just avoid it by using a patched rom that has a fixed sprite for every GTS entry.

The fact is GTS is already broken since years (and Nintendo doesn't do anything about it), and this new exploit for sure doesn't help the situation, like literally there is no escape if you don't have the proper stuff for manipulating RAM, the console freezes and you need to restart everything, needless to say you can't skip those GTS entries because once the game tries to load the avatar, it freezes, so assuming the GTS will still be active with the release of new Diamond and Pearl remake, the situation will be just terrible and I highly doubt Nintendo will do something to fix it, that's why I was thinking for a patched ROM.
Like, everyone of us can be affected by this, and yeah as already said if the GTS is already damaged right now, with this exploit we can say it is officialy broken and kinda useless.

I understand that "paying for rom hacks" may sound weird, but if Nintendo would care and take actions against these players for sure I wouldn't ask such question, that's it.
It's like 3? years that the GTS is filled with garbage and harmful entries so I don't even try to reach Nintendo.

I will see what I can do, on my little, but definitely a patched ROM would be the ideal, so no more external tools.

Thanks for the help anyway!

ilovespaghetti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I am pretty sure it's a new thing, the freeze one. Meanwhile, the GTS can still get spammed with glitched mons that lead you to a ban, and if in all these years Nintendo didn't do anything about it, I don't see why they will do it now. This is what I meant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol