Looking for some new games to play

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Zoobinnie3, Mar 21, 2011.

Mar 21, 2011
  1. Zoobinnie3
    OP

Newcomer Zoobinnie3 Newbie

Canada
    Hi guys!

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of wii games that my boyfriend and I could play. We both love the multiplayer RPG/Adventure genre. Im very much a fan of the dungeon siege series for other platforms. Here are the only games that we have found so far to play.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (1&2)
    Super Smash Bros Brawl (Subspace Emissiary)
    New Super Mario Bros.

On PS2 we liked playing;
    King Arthur
    Baulders Gate

Thanks for reading any suggestions would be great!

2. WatchGintama

Member WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hi, I made a video about some of my favorite Wii games. Hopefully it'll help you pick something out.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

As for multiplayer games, Mario Kart is an absolute must imo. Though you're asking for multiplayer RPG games, the only thing that comes to mind is Monster Hunter Tri

3. Brannon

Newcomer Brannon Member

Finland
    Two player games. These I have enjoyed with my wife. All the Lego games. Donkey Kong Country Returns is fun as well it is a 2d platformer. Resident Evil Dark Side Chronicles and Umbrella Chronicles are on-rails shooters with a story and they are fun together. Mariokart like mentioned before, especially online together. Those were what came to mind now. Hope you have fun.

4. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
  5. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Kirby's Epic Yarn is an "epic" (pun intended) multiplayer game if you just take your personal filter off and scream the fucking shit out of that game. It's not hard really and is pretty lax but you'll die laughing when you're going "URRRRGGGGH, SQUASHINI YOU FUCKER!!!!" I did it with my friend and it was great.

Other than that, there's some great light gun games for the Wii (as mentioned, there's Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles and the kinda mediocre predecessor to it, the Umbrella Chronicles, as well as House of the Dead: Overkill, Dead Space Extraction, and Ghost Squad).

Horror games are also pretty funny to play as multiplayer games. Just have everyone shit themselves. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Fatal Frame IV are good places to start.

6. tagzard

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    Get monster hunter tri. U WILL BE HOOKED

7. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    That Subspace Emissiary and NSMBW are more platformers than adventure games (and not RPG's at all). I don't know much of the other games, but I'd consider the following:

-monster hunter tri (probably most similar to dungeon siege...not sure)
    -muramasa the demon blade (platformer with lots of RPG elements).
    -Kirby's epic yarn (awesome multiplayer, also platformer. keep in mind that YOU CANNOT DIE, though)
    -donkey kong country returns (as the above, but much, much better if you like a challenging game)
    -Zelda: twilight princess (lists of good adventure games cannot not mention this game).
    -samurai warriors 3 (hack 'n slash, but rather fun...dunno about multiplayer, though).

I don't know why others are mention on-rails shooters, but hey...if you're considering one, it should be sin & punishment 2. It just outqualifies everything else in the genre.

8. dysan

Member dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    if you liked king arthur on ps2 (and still own a ps2) I highly suggest

the lord of the rings games

they're the same thing as king arthur but much better in my opinion.

and there's a 2nd baldur's gate game for the ps2 which is the same as the 1st one.

and 2 x-men -something games that are the same thing as baldur's gate(camera from above,level ups and skills)

9. kazekun

Member kazekun GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    I gona repeat alot of the games alredy said, but heres what i play with my younger brothers:

Mario kart - Pretty fun with 2 players since you can join with both on the net!

Mario Sports Mix - This game has hockey, basket, dodgeball and volley with mario chars, the game is really simplificated but, the multiplayer is pretty fun, and the online is cool also.

Bomberman from wiiware - Any bomberman from either wiiware or VC are very good for a multiplayer experience but for you and your boyfriend together i advise you wiiware one because you can log on the internet with the both of you and play vs other people wich make it alot of fun.

Driift from wiiware - Alot of fun in multiplayer not by the racing itself sometimes but because of the modes of gaming such as stealing the potato, or running from the car with virus.

Wario Ware - Awsome for multiplayer, you have to perform fast actions in few seconds, and make really ridiculous minigames, really fun.

All the gamecube Lord of the Rings - The multiplayer in Coop is awsome, the game is easy and pretty hack and slash type, but its really entertaining.

Any Lego game for the Wii - All the lego games have coop and are really fun to play together, offcourse you should choose one from a movie you both enjoyed, atm you got around there lego batman, lego indiana jones 1 and 2, lego starwars (2 of them if i aint wrong or 3), lego harry potter pretty funny to has 4 of the movies included and in future lego pirates of caraibean.

Donkey Kong Series -Any of the donkey kong games is pretty fun in multiplayer, but the last one "Donkey Kong Country Returns" offers the best experience since its coop.

Kirby epic yarn - Offers a less challenging game than donkey kong, but the essence is the same, a pretty good game for coop also.

Dokapoon Kingdom - Pretty funny Board / rpg adventure kinda game, but its better with more than 2 people and the games are often pretty long.

Mario Party for the wii - Board type of game great for multiplayer fun, also better with more than 2 people but still alot of fun with 2 people.

Worm Battle island for the Wii or Worms 3d for gamecube - Nothing goes wrong with worms games, if you prefer 2d bomb each other kinda game [​IMG] go with worms for the wii, if you prefer the 3d version just pick the gamecube one.

Monster hunter Tri - Its a fun game but mostly in online mode, if you and your bf both own a wii then you should get this, if not, i dont advise because the local multiplayer is basicly fight the monsters inside arenas, its fun, but nothing like the online /single player experience.

Sin and Punishment 2 - If you like arcade on rail kinda shooters, this is a fun one you can get that looks with local coop.

Dead Space Extraction - On rail shooter / horror game, This one is an awsome experience for coop multiplayer i am sure you and your bf would love to play it together.

Resident Evil (Any less 4) - All on rail resident evils for the wii are awsome coop games, they arent as good as deadspace, but if you like more the series ( assuming you like shooters) any of them is advised.

House of the dead (any of them for the wii) - More arcady kinda feel of on rail shooter but pretty fun also.

Samurai warriors 3 - Hack and slash thousands of enemys with your boyfriend as a team, who wouldnt love that XD

rayman raving rabids ( Any in the series) - Awsome minigames collection kinda game, you die of laughing on the dancing games, or watching the silly rabits animations its a great multiplayer game.

Pikmin 2 -Even tough multiplayer is only versus, the game is really funny, is a rather strategy kinda game on the wii, dont really know how to explain better but you might like it.

Boom Blox party- awsome awsome multiplayer game, i dont know to explain what this is [​IMG] just check youtube for it.

Wii party - Another funny board kinda game, its not bad, and this game unlike the other board games is more fun for 2 players than for 4 because some of the minigames are designed for only 2.

Pacman Party - Also a board game, its funny, but probably a bit worse than the others multiplayer games.

I am sorry but this is all i can remember atm, Some of these games are pretty old, and you can find them for a bargain much anywere, i hope this post helps.

10. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    It really depends on what genre you like, but I would suggest Kirby's Epic Yarn, both of the Mario Galaxies, Super Paper Mario. Those are some good games. Not new, but good.

11. kazekun

Portugal
    Mario galaxies multiplayer is not very fun [​IMG] well in the 2 its rather okai, but all 2 player does, its collect starbits and coins + kill some enemys, as for paper mario i think doesnt have multiplayer at all [​IMG] the girl wants some multiplayer games to play with her bf

12. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Oh, well then I would suggest Mario cart, or if you're into fighting, TVC. Great Multiplayer games.

13. Pete666

Member Pete666 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I want this game but is it fun when you play single player with no online??? I don't have a lot of friend having this game and a wii so.. I probably playing alone.. I can go online with my wii, but I want a game for single player.. how long the game is in single player??

Thanx a lot

14. kazekun

Portugal
    the game is pretty fun in single player, like any normal rpg that game will take you alot of time to play even in single player, you can craft weapons and armors from monsters parts, so going to farm them is a base of the whole game, also you dont have to be worried to not have friends to play online, the online mode doesnt work with friend codes but with nanco servers, meaning ,you can connect and join any random room, and play with strangers without even saying 1 word, and its still alot of fun, in single player i would say you have like 20-30h of gameplay, even more depending on how many armors you want to creat, on multiplayer, i would say above 100h

15. Pete666

Canada
    thanx for the fast answer, I'll give this game a try.. I'm not a lot familiar with RPGs but It take a start!

a was searching for a 20h wii game and now I found it..

sorry my english is poor

Edit: I can't play it, I have a beeping noise when I choose a "new game"... Tried it with every ios possible..

16. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I don't mean to sound rude, but...do a search for it, Pete666. Monster hunter tri has a lot of devoted threads, and you're off-topic ing this thread. [​IMG]

On-topic: erm...can't add games that aren't already mentioned enough. Perhaps if you can tell us the focus? (is it more important that it's a multiplayer game, or that it has the correct setting?)

17. Pete666

Canada
    I didn't ask for help, I just say that my game won't work..

Now it work and I recommend it !!!