Looking for patch to add version exclusive Pokemon to HG/SS

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by gumbyx84, Oct 4, 2010.

1. gumbyx84
    OP

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm trying to find a patch (xdelta or other) that adds the exclusive Pokemon from HG into SS and vice-versa. IE, catching Growlith (HG exclusive) and Vulpix (SS exclusive) on Route 36 in both games. Would be great if you could catch PokeWalker exclusives as well. I have found a post (HG/SS Mods) with a "No Exclusive Mod", but it is incomplete. For example, Spinarak can be found on Route 30 at night, but not Route 31 or Route 2. If one doesn't exist (I cant seem to find one), how hard would it be to make my own?

I know its an odd request, but I'm trying to make" a "complete" version of HG/SS that has all pokemon (including PokeWalker exclusives; minus Wondercard event Pokemon) and removes evolutions restrictions (Kadabra evolving into Alakazam via level up rather then through trading).

2. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You may want to talk to the guy who made Pokemon Platinum Enhanced Edition. He did the same thing for Platinum for what you want to do to HG/SS.

3. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    You should be able to use your HG save in SS and vice versa. Just make sure you change your .sav's filename.

4. gumbyx84
    OP

United States
    That's actually a good idea. I'll shoot him/her a PM later tonight.

To anyone else who reads this topic: Anyone know what tools I would have to use to make this mod/hack? Kinda new to all this

5. gumbyx84
    OP

United States
    I know I can, but I would prefer a "complete" game. It is possible to do (See Pokemon Platinum Enhanced and Pokemon Platinum Deluxe). Just trying to find out how I would do it. Preferably without having to rip code out of the game and edit Hex values as I don't have that kind of time ATM.